· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Same question as ^^^^ I'd be willing to purchase say 5 for 10$??!?! If its a hassle for you no problemo, just wondering. Great looking shrimp and tank btw.
    20 Gallon Planted Aquarium
    5 Zebra Danios
    3 Golden Zebra Danios
    1 Flame Gourami [Dwarf]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wee-bey
    Same question as ^^^^ I'd be willing to purchase say 5 for 10$??!?! If its a hassle for you no problemo, just wondering. Great looking shrimp and tank btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by AVN
    Would you be willing to work something out for lesser amounts of shrimp/java moss?

PM me please.
    Sorry folks, don't think I can really do $10. It costs around $6-8 to ship them by parcel post depending on far they go, then boxing them up and going to the post office. If local to georgia, people are free to come by and pick up for less.

Starting off with a larger number of shrimp improves the odds of getting a good mix of male and females, to get your colony established quicker.

May want to look for a local source, usually go for $1-2 a piece in most clubs.
    Last edited by korith; 10-04-2012 at 10:54 PM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't want to go as low as $10, I was hoping for something along the lines of $15-$20, as 20 shrimp is a bit much seeing as I already have an established colony. (Though nowhere nearly as giant as yours)

To be truthful I was looking to get a good portion of your moss. I've been looking for tons of Java/Naja and it's better to buy shrimp + moss together, seeing as how everyone overcharges for a tiny bit of moss that will grow rampant anyways.

I'd be happy with 5-10 shrimp and a large portion of moss. Don't even care if the shrimp DOA, as long as I get my huge amount of moss!
    Last edited by AVN; 10-04-2012 at 11:01 PM.

CYCLE WITHOUT FISH FOR THE LOVE OF POSEIDON

Currently in the process of moving all of my tanks, everything is down for now!

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't want to go as low as $10, I was hoping for something along the lines of $15-$20, as 20 shrimp is a bit much seeing as I already have an established colony. (Though nowhere nearly as giant as yours)

To be truthful I was looking to get a good portion of your moss. I've been looking for tons of Java/Naja and it's better to buy shrimp + moss together, seeing as how everyone overcharges for a tiny bit of moss that will grow rampant anyways.

I'd be happy with 5-10 shrimp and a large portion of moss. Don't even care if the shrimp DOA, as long as I get my huge amount of moss!
    Oh hehe I see. I usually buy cheap bags of java moss at the local fish club auction each month unless people are bidding crazy amounts. I use it to ship shrimp out in, or just to keep in my shrimp and fry tanks. Going to a meeting this weekend, will see if I can get some to send out at whatever it cost me.

5. Smile

0 Not allowed!
    any chance of selling some to Canada? i guess it counts as continental US LOL
    40 gallon: native tank, rock bass, yellow perch, chub minnows
    20 gallon: (cycling, will be) 6 zebra danios, 6 cardinal tetras, RCS, moss wall
    10 gallon: salamander halfmoon betta named Gilligan(my avatar), RCS

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua.M
    any chance of selling some to Canada? i guess it counts as continental US LOL
    Chances are good someone at the border/customs would block them and they'd end up dead. Shipping live stuff and plants can be tricky. I would check out the forums for any fish clubs that are in canada, there are several. Post up a new there, and should be able to find someone to hook you up with shrimp.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Weekend's over. News? :)

0 Not allowed!
    I had shrimp like that 6 months ago but don't know where mine have gone. I wonder if using Excel a few times killed them.

AVN......sounds as Korith is wanting to sell his shrimp, not his moss. Especially when he has to buy it himself. Have you checked here?

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...gi?liveplantsm
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 10-10-2012 at 04:11 PM.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I know, I'm just waiting for him to get on so I can get a starter colony from him. I was also going to get some extra bags from him for cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Korith
    "Going to a meeting this weekend, will see if I can get some to send out at whatever it cost me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I had shrimp like that 6 months ago but don't know where mine have gone. I wonder if using Excel a few times killed them.
    Possible overdosing?
    Last edited by AVN; 10-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I know, I'm just waiting for him to get on so I can get a starter colony from him. I was also going to get some extra bags from him for cost.
    The bags I use are kordon breather bags. I actually bought them from the site Lady Hobbs mentioned. Got 50 of them for a decent price. They seem to sell for pretty much the same price no matter where you buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    That 20g and 40g tanks I'm taking the shrimp from I dose with flourish excel and some other fertilizers without any issues. I suppose it is possible to overdose but it would have to be a large amount. I actually spot treat algae with a syringe on plants with flourish excel. Never noticed any shrimp fatalities from them.