· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    @ Greentoads ~ Thank you for sharing your experience! I so wish I could purchase these that Korith is selling. This is a sweet deal!
    I’m determined to get some RCS someday.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I have RCS in my 10 gallon with loads of platys...as long as there are plenty of hiding places like GT mentioned, they do just fine with the platys
    OH! my!

Please tell me: Did you add your Platys in after your RCS were already happily ensconced? I just really don't want a slaughterhouse.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    We got them at about the same time, perhaps some of the tiniest shrimplets may have become snacks, but with good water conditions (NO copper containing chemicals), they breed like crazy, so you would not even miss a few that may go missing.

I have bought RCS from korith, they were varying sizes, but most if not all were too big for my platys' mouths. I highly recommend buying from korith, awesome pricing and healthy specimens
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41 View Post
    I have no experience with platys and RCS together personally, but I will tell you that I have full grown rummynose, glowlight, and black neon tetras in a 30 gallon tank, and I have cherry shrimp that have successfully bred in there. When the reach a large enough size, they will come out in the open in the daylight. I attribute their success to the java moss and rock nooks and crannies in my tank for them to hide in and around. Even though people said it couldn't be done, I put shrimp in there anyway (Lol) because I already had a shrimp only 10 gallon. They seem to have taken hold and established. Just sharing my experience :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I have RCS in my 10 gallon with loads of platys...as long as there are plenty of hiding places like GT mentioned, they do just fine with the platys
    Good to know, never had platys. Mixing shrimp with any type of fish is always a risk, never know what will happen. Sometimes the fish will completely ignore the shrimp. With enough hiding places could get stable population of shrimp in the tank. Chances are some of the baby shrimp probably get picked off by the fish, but enough survive to keep the shrimp colony going. I think the only fish most sources or articles mention is otocinclus.

1 Not allowed!
    korith ~ I'm going to purchase your RC shrimp and I'm very excited! Hopefully members here can advise me on my quest to keep them happy and healthy.

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    korith ~ I'm going to purchase your RC shrimp and I'm very excited! Hopefully members here can advise me on my quest to keep them happy and healthy.
    They are very easy to keep, occasional algae wafer, clean water, plants, and plenty of hiding places...they'll be breeding in no time
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

7. Default

2 Not allowed!
    They arrive today and they look very healthy and active. Korith put a lot of extras, nice price and none of them were dead. I live in
    Puerto Rico and they arrive really fast. I recommend buying from Korith.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by racoloish View Post
    They arrive today and they look very healthy and active. Korith put a lot of extras, nice price and none of them were dead. I live in
    Puerto Rico and they arrive really fast. I recommend buying from Korith.
    Sometimes I forget how many I've netted out already, and just go with the last number I remember, quicker than starting from 1 again! Glad they arrived well, that was the first time I shipped to there. Was kind of surprised shipping didn't cost any more than usual, was in the same price range as I ship elsewhere here.

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice to hear! =] Congrats on your new RCS!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

1 Not allowed!
    30 Red Cherry Shrimp $25 shipped. Shrimp will come with a bit of java moss or subwassertang to hang on to in the bag.

Have a fairly large amount of java moss. Several good sized portions. Never know how to measure java moss, let's say a fist sized portion. $10 shipped

(the java moss in pics will be broken up into a few portions.)

Dwarf water lettuce (it's the plant at the bottom of the picture) $7 shipped

Going thru and cleaning up my fish bins, so might have some drygoods and other odd stuff for the thread.