· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ 
    TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos 
    TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sarah View Post
    If only I could order them from you Korinth I would. Though I'm not sure what I'd do with 25 of them :S.
    When I first got my 35, most of them immediately hid in my deco...but after awhile, they got braver and started coming out in droves...now they are everywhere, lots of them free-swimming (especially when it's flake feeding time for the fish)...we've got babies (shrimplets?) popping up daily, too!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is there any way I could reserve some? I want to get some cherries, but I can't until I rehome my African dwarf frogs, and I'm saving them for some friends since no place around here sells decent ones, but said friends are on vacation and will be for a few more weeks. Long story short, can you hold 25 for about a month?
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Your cherry shrimp tank is so cool. I love it.
    Active Learning Consists of Engaging With Educated People, Being O.K. With Being Incorrect, Engaging in Conversation No Matter What Your Experience Level, Accepting Positive Criticisms, Offering Your Best Information, And Maintaining A Healthy Attitude. If you Are Not Speaking You Are Only Learning At Half Mast. No One Can Give Feedback On Your Thoughts, Only On Your Words And Actions.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishkeeper View Post
    Is there any way I could reserve some? I want to get some cherries, but I can't until I rehome my African dwarf frogs, and I'm saving them for some friends since no place around here sells decent ones, but said friends are on vacation and will be for a few more weeks. Long story short, can you hold 25 for about a month?
    Not a problem, doubt I will ever run out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Namazu View Post
    Your cherry shrimp tank is so cool. I love it.
    Thanks, even though I have other tanks this shrimp tank is one of my favorites. I should post a more recent picture, once I clean it up a bit. At the moment the tank is a mess, the plants have taken over and can barely see into the tank, going to thin out the plants this weekend.

0 Not allowed!
    A few pics,

For some reason I got some snails with a few plants I bought, I added them to the tank. Anyone know what kind they are? Don't seem to reproduce quickly.

I've had that same bamboo skewer in the tank for about 2 years now, use it to dislodge air bubbles in the substrate, for some reason shrimp are always all over it.
    Last edited by korith; 08-04-2013 at 01:11 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Those look like Malaysian trumpet snails and if they are, you will soon have hundreds. I hate these and have one tank infested. At night the walls of the tank are covered in them. And yet, some folks actually pay money for these and put them in their tanks on purpose. I don't get that, but they will take care of stirring up the substrate as they live under that most of the time.
    I even added about 5 assassins to the tank as they do a great job with pond snails. But so far I have found two empty assassin shells which were broken and I can't find the others. Not sure what happened to those.

On another note, the shrimp I got from you are breeding beautifully - tiny babies everywhere. In my Spec V, I have the very small boraras urophthalmoides. The shrimp swim all over the place alongside the fish which is just the kind of activity I was looking for. Great coloring also.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Those look like Malaysian trumpet snails and if they are, you will soon have hundreds. I hate these and have one tank infested. At night the walls of the tank are covered in them. And yet, some folks actually pay money for these and put them in their tanks on purpose. I don't get that, but they will take care of stirring up the substrate as they live under that most of the time.
    I even added about 5 assassins to the tank as they do a great job with pond snails. But so far I have found two empty assassin shells which were broken and I can't find the others. Not sure what happened to those.

On another note, the shrimp I got from you are breeding beautifully - tiny babies everywhere. In my Spec V, I have the very small boraras urophthalmoides. The shrimp swim all over the place alongside the fish which is just the kind of activity I was looking for. Great coloring also.
    I had thought they might be mts as well but had some doubts, they didn't look too much like ones I had seen or had before. The color/pattern variation was different. I think you are right though, looked on google after I had posted the pic. Snails shouldn't last too long, have some assassin snails in every tank. Sometimes the assassins will disappear into the substrate before showing up again days later.

The boraras urophthalmoides is a nice fish, its actually a bit bigger than the brigittae and maculatus. It's nice being able to have a lot of them in a smaller tank without the tank looking overstocked.

0 Not allowed!
    I have assassins that breed in one tank so I move them to all of my other tanks also. But for some reason, in this tank with the MTS they are not surviving and not doing anything to bring down the MTS. Hope you have better success. I'd be interested to see your results. Of course, you don't yet have the hoards of MTS that I have - ICK!

I'm to the point of tearing this tank down and starting it all over but I'll have to convince my son to help. It was his tank after all, and has fallen into my care. He'll be going back to school in a few weeks but maybe this can be a project for his winter break.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You ought to take those snails out, put 'em in a one-gal, and see if they breed really fast. They're beauties! If they breed slowly I might want a few.
    Wow. You are gonna get a lot of cash from those shrimpies. I'm still planning to buy some from you, but I'm waiting for it to cool down here so they won't overheat.
    That little fish... Is he an otto? He looks like one, but something seems a bit different. Just a fat otto?
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishkeeper View Post
    You ought to take those snails out, put 'em in a one-gal, and see if they breed really fast. They're beauties! If they breed slowly I might want a few.
    Wow. You are gonna get a lot of cash from those shrimpies. I'm still planning to buy some from you, but I'm waiting for it to cool down here so they won't overheat.
    That little fish... Is he an otto? He looks like one, but something seems a bit different. Just a fat otto?
    I moved the snails I could find out into a bare tank that has some apisto fry in it. They will act as a cleanup crew for the tank. Yep, the fish in earlier post is an otocinclus, I have a few in the tank. They are one of the few fish that are shrimp safe. The otos seem to do well in the shrimp tanks, they more or less eat the same types of foods the shrimp do.

Sent some shrimp to someone last week, the temps were in the low 90's and they did alright. The biggest problem to shipping the shrimp seems to be when no one is at home when the mail comes, the box could sit out in the sun for hours, that could spell disaster.