· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default What types of Barbs would do well

0 Not allowed!
    In a 55 gallon with 2 Manacapuru Angelfish.. Should I just keep it a species tank with the Angels, or would adding barbs be okay? I know Tiger Barbs are out because they get nippy. Would checker barbs work? What types do you subjest?

thanks

0 Not allowed!
    I have cherry barbs with my angel but wouldn't put any of the others with angels. I think they are all pretty much a nippy species.

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsarecool
    In a 55 gallon with 2 Manacapuru Angelfish.. Should I just keep it a species tank with the Angels, or would adding barbs be okay? I know Tiger Barbs are out because they get nippy. Would checker barbs work? What types do you subjest?

thanks
    You could try Checker Barbs, Five Banded Barbs, Dwarf or Cummings I've never seen any of them bother anything.

For people that would like Tiger barbs but don't get them because of thier bad reputation I highly recomend Five Banded Barbs, pretty close to Tiger Barbs coloration but have a much more nicer disposition all the way around, at least the ones I've kept in the past.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    Keep in mind that angels are a slow moving fish and don't like a lot of very active fish with them. Not sure how 2 angels will do together unless they are a mated pair. I keep one angel each in two-55 gallons tank dues to their aggression with each other.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What if I got a bigger tank, like a 75, well planted, (with fake plants so I don't have plants die,get $$ lighting or have plants outgrow the tank) and understocked. Would the 2 Angels coexist. F1 Manacapurus are $$ so I want just 2 to start.

I'll keep that in mind when looking for tank mates. Right now I was thinking Corydoras, and haraquin rasboras or Rummy nose tetras. Any other good slower moving species? Catfish/charians/ect.

( mods feel free to move this thread over to fish compatability if needed)

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Otocinclus are good algae eaters for well established tanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Any ideas on the sexes of your angels? I had two females co-exist for years in a 45 gallon (3' long) with lots of plants and driftwood to make sure they could get away from one another. One would lay eggs and chase all the other fish to the opposite side of the tank (they were with black neon tetras and a bristlenose) for a few days, then she wold eat her eggs when they didn't hatch. Then the other would lay eggs on the other side of the tank and do the same thing - it was pretty funny... I think lots of tall plants is the key, so they don't constantly have to see one another.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No, they'll be juivniles when I get them, from Angels plus.