· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    If you are finding the note at 4:30, it may have been on the door that morning? Monday AM to Wednesday AM is 48 hours. But each apartment complex can set their own time-frame, I'm sure.

But like mommy says, there is far more important things to worry about in life.

0 Not allowed!
    Unless there's an emergency, knocking first is just good manners. They're probably not legally required to do so, but it's still common courtesy.

What's this business about their refusing to fix things that need fixing in your apartment? I would think you would have some recourse to formally complain, especially if safety issues are involved. I would try to look that up in the links Mommy provided for you.

Just goes to show it takes all kinds to manage apartments. Some are conscientious, some not. Sorry you got the latter kind.

--mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    ik there are far more things to worry about but this is just a bit extra stress. most of my gass money comes from me being able to fix electronic equipment or setting up other static sensitive equipment, and it stresses me when i need to step out with said equipment running. about a yr and a half ago (5 managers ago too...) i had a maintenance man come in for a repair, saw my equipment running and said "oh whats this **touch**" before i had the chance to say dont touch it. he got a small shock (400V ish very low current thankfully.) and damaged the project i was working on. it was a shock he wouldnt forget, i did in fact have a clear static sensitive sign and high voltage sign up in clear view other wise my butt would be done.... i keep several signs up constantly about that just incase since then...

edit:
    im not 100% sure if its a complete disregaurd to my written request or me getting lost every time i submit the ticket for repair/complaint. we go threw managers there so fast i didnt even get to know the last 2 managers name. but every time i put a request in for gfci inspection/fix they mostly dont. i had one come in, said "no they are labeled gfci and there for are infact gfci you just dont know what you are talking about and there is no such thing as a gfci tester." that was as far as that fix went. i am trying to get hud to take a good look into this issue. but i guess it takes time.... in the mean time.... idk...
    Last edited by genocidex; 09-14-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus Happy Birthday. - gadget228 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know Geno, some of those things you are talking about would be serious building code violations and it seems the fire department would come out and check if you called them. They may charge a fee for the inspection but it beats the risk of fire.

When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    i didnt even think of asking the fire department...
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    It's interesting there's such a large turnover of managers. A really good one should last for awhile, unless there are other employment issues. Usually, managers are given a rent-free apartment as part of their compensation. The ones we had always got one, when we lived first in a mobile home park and then a couple of apartments before having our own home built.

Have you voiced your concerns to the property owner(s)? Since the managers seem unwilling to look into them, maybe the owner will take you more seriously. I'm sure they wouldn't want HUD breathing down their necks.

Just too bad there's all this frustration. When it rains, sometimes it pours and then it floods . . . Hope things get better for you.

-- mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus Happy Birthday. - gadget228 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Be careful how far you push management and their owners, they also have the option to not renew your lease when it's due. That wouldn't help your sick mom. I'm not saying to not press the issue because if these matters are as bad as you think they must be addressed, just go about it in a sane and rational way.
    Apartment managers can be the best apartment manager in the world and still be fired over things that are out of their control such as; not enough occupancy, or they didn't show enough apartments this month, or not enough people renewed their lease. I have a great apartment manager and we have a strong friendship and often drink our morning coffee and talk in the mornings. She has been here over 8 years and still gets hints of threats to her job when occupancy levels go below 100%.
    Last edited by mommy1; 09-14-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe
    Unless there's an emergency, knocking first is just good manners. They're probably not legally required to do so, but it's still common courtesy.
    --mermaid
    Actually, yes it is quite illegal- they call it trespassing. It doesn't matter if they give prior notice or knock or whatever. I had a problem with this with my former manager. Finally had to have the police have a talk with them explaining that if they did it again they would be arrested.
    2.5 sw nano reef
    30 fw housing one elderly mayan cichlid (12 years and counting)
    33 fw community
    45 sw mixed reef

0 Not allowed!
    LOVE THE VIDEO!

genocidex.......You are the child of a woman whose name is on that lease. If your mother wishes to have further inspections, then this is up to her to do. No one is going to listen to some kid living in an apartment nor listen to someone who is not their leasee.

When you start talking about having fire department inspections, etc, you will only anger managers and just might find yourself and your mother with eviction papers.

Gfci outlets are not labeled as Gfci's if they are not. HUD Housing is Federal and Gfci's are required by law.

But this: "im not 100% sure if its a complete disregaurd to my written request or me getting lost every time i submit the ticket for repair/complaint." Why are you submitting requests for repairs or complaints or anything else? This is NOT YOUR JOB.

Why don't you stop worrying about the things that do not affect you and worry more about those that do? I'm sure that would help your mother out more than you are now.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 09-14-2012 at 02:00 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Is his mother disabled, and is she able to speak for herself, that is, to communicate on her own behalf? If not, then she needs another family member to do so. In order to do so legally -- with any power or clout -- her son would need something like a Durable Power of Attorney, and if he's under the legal age of consent, that is the official age for signing legal documents and implementing the powers they would grant him, then there isn't much he can do.

If his mother is capable of communicating on her own behalf, and her name is on the lease, then it should be left up to her to see that these problems with the apartment are taken care of. If her health problems are serious, she may not be able or willing to take on that extra burden. These folks may be between a rock and a hard place with this.

Gen, is your name on the lease along with your mother's? If so, you both have rightful say in demanding these problems be addressed and corrected.

I think you need to speak to your mother about these things and try to get her to talk to management. They obviously are just giving you the proverbial finger. If they refuse to listen to her as well, then she may have an actionable case against them regarding fire code violations. Safety should be the first and foremost concern, next to rent collection, to any responsible landlord or building manager. If they are operating an unsafe building for their tenants, there are laws on the books to protect tenants' rights to safe accommodations for which THEY are paying to live in and use.

You're trying to take care of a sick parent, and I know firsthand how stressful that can be. You aren't being appreciated or taken seriously, and that just adds to the stress, anguish and frustration. These managers, if they're aware of the full situation, need to show more respect. They cannot be forced to do so, however, and in the end, you and your mother may need to relocate to better accommodations -- with better people running them. That won't be easy, either, but it may be necessary as a last resort.

-- mermaid