· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

Default What's up with all the old posts?

0 Not allowed!
    For the past four days I've seen at least one extremely old post a day coming back to life.

I guess I'm just wondering why this is bad, and why they all keep getting locked. I realize that the member may no longer be active and things like that, but I'm sure there are those that might find the info in them useful. I also realize that one could search for specific threads, but I usually just do the new posts button. Just curious guys!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    If someone has a question, it is better to create a new thread. This allows them to detail their experiences in a better manner and encourages more activity within the thread.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Ahh, makes sense! :)
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 2 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    There's really two reasons.

First, it's always a lot better to start your own thread to ask a question rather than posting it in a thread that is very old. Less confusing that way and you'll likely get a lot better answer to your question.

The second reason is that it makes no sense to reply to a question that was likely asked and answer a long time a go and the OP has moved on to other things. best to focus on the current threads and try to help some one currently looking for help or feedback.

Edit, I was ninja'd again
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Band width management. Sadly a lot of interesting stuff can be lost rather than archived.

0 Not allowed!
    New threads keep an active forum. The threads are there for reading but not a lot of sense to answer an OP question when he has been gone from here for 2 years.

Updating your own thread is fine, tho.