· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    The little Jewel probably thinks he's at sea world in all that water.

I dreamed last night someone had two adults convicts in a 10 gallon and they were just fighting up a storm. I woke up all mad. LOL

0 Not allowed!

It is amazing what people do, my old neighbors used to get a fish keep it for a few weeks...get tired of it and bring it to me. They finally stopped keeping fish (thankfully) now they have chickens, I am not sure who they plan to dump those off on.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good for you for taking the jewel and for instilling the 14 year old with enough sense of responsibility to know he could not care for it. You know he didn't learn it from his parents ... you are not only saving fish - you are saving kids.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted:severum, EBJD, congos, royal pleco
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller

It is amazing what people do, my old neighbors used to get a fish keep it for a few weeks...get tired of it and bring it to me. They finally stopped keeping fish (thankfully) now they have chickens, I am not sure who they plan to dump those off on.
    I have family that do this same thing. It doesn't matter what kind of animal it is.

I'vev currently taken 2 cats, 2 chickens, and 1 dog from them. Keep in mind that's all they 've actually succeeded in getting me to take. They've tried more.

Now they've gone and bought my 2 year old nephew a pot bellied pig. Upon seeing this my husband said, "Who are you getting to take that when you're tired of it? It isn't going to be us!"

Although if it were life or death I would...

People taking advantage of my caring heart gets on my nerves so horribly. I don't have any other choice than to do what my heart tells me.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Unfortunately the Jewel wound up being euthanized, it was just so f'ed up from the neglect. Poor thing could never swim correctly and it was badly stunted...

I have taken more fish than I know from my neighbors...and a hamster. I draw the line at anything else, I also wouldn't be surprised if my barn cat population wasn't largely due to them either. They came to me last year and wanted to rent a stall space in my barn because they wanted to buy their kids a pony...fortunately my dog is rather unfriendly so that put a stop to that. Last time I drove by their house the chickens are gone too...its hard to say what they have now.

It is hard to deal with people like this and I commend anyone who does...I do think that it should require a license to own a pet or procreate for the matter.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon