· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default gah!!!! talk about the luck....

0 Not allowed!
    so i must have the best luck in the universe right now. first my building managers decide to just walk into my apartment with the reasoning "they smelt smoke". that made me mad. then my brand new phone that i just got saturday, was stuck in a boot loop. i was able to fix that. now, after everything that has happened my same phone that i just fixed got knocked into some water. GAH i got the best luck in the word. best thing is i think my insurance plan is going to charge me more for the replacement than what i paid for the phone.... im so depressed about all the going ons lately its not funny.... my shrimp wont even cheer me up....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    Aww...I hope things only get better for you soon! That's upsetting to have so many nasty things happen in a short period of time - and not even your shrimp can help you out - blah.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

0 Not allowed!
    Did they really smell smoke, or was that just an excuse? Perhaps there is something going on with the electrical wiring that merits concern. Was there something too close to a heater or something overheating on the stove?

If I were you, I would have asked them if they found the problem, and if they could fix it (if it's wiring).

I can't imagine the managers just walking in to invade your privacy, but I suppose it could happen -- like doing a surprise inspection to find out what you've been up to. It would seem pretty devious, to me.

If there are fire safety issues in your residence, you really should be concerned and glad that someone else has noticed and decided to investigate.

Just my thoughts ...

-- mermaidwannabe
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus Happy Birthday. - gadget228 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe
    Did they really smell smoke, or was that just an excuse? Perhaps there is something going on with the electrical wiring that merits concern. Was there something too close to a heater or something overheating on the stove?

If I were you, I would have asked them if they found the problem, and if they could fix it (if it's wiring).

I can't imagine the managers just walking in to invade your privacy, but I suppose it could happen -- like doing a surprise inspection to find out what you've been up to. It would seem pretty devious, to me.

If there are fire safety issues in your residence, you really should be concerned and glad that someone else has noticed and decided to investigate.

Just my thoughts ...

-- mermaidwannabe
    Paranoid much?

Gen, breaking a new phone does suck and I am sorry that happened, but let's put this in perspective. If the worst things that have happened to you today are someone walked into your apartment and you broke your phone you are doing pretty well.
    I have a friend who's apartment was broken into and he lost everything, including his life.
    I have a friend who was hit by a car last night and he still can't feel his legs.
    I have another friend who's child has recently been diagnosed with lupus.
    I know another fellow who's family steals his disability check and he can't buy food or pay his bills.
    I had a neighbor last year who couldn't be bothered to take care of her 7 year old son because she was too busy looking for a man to pay her way. I took care of her son until they moved and I think about that little one all the time.
    None of these are my personal problems but I am the one they all come too to hold their hands through it all and it sure does put what little issues I do have in perspective. So your apartment manager walked into your apartment and you broke your phone, deal with it.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    Good points, Mommy!

No matter how bad off we think we are, there is always someone else much worse off.
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 

0 Not allowed!
    actually they have been doing these surprise inspections ALOT lately. there was no smoke in my apartment, and they are refusing to fix my wiring in my app they have 7 plugs all within 3 feet of a water source (sinks tubs toilets) and they are all labeled as gfci, not a single one passes a gfci tester and none have the little test and reset button. they also claim that if there was a fire blocking the only way out of my building i can escape by jumping 25 out of a window into a very shallow but swift moving river. they refused too so many request for safety but im stuck for a place to live for the moment because my mom is too sick to do any moving. there is in fact some bullying going on at this place. and im not the only one they are doing this too. seems like all the long term residents are getting inspections on a biweekly routine. there is complaints in the work and there's also a lot more going on in the back of just my phone breaking that i dont like to talk about.

i do understand there are countless other people who have it way worst than i do. i truely understand that point and im not looking for pitty, just a place to rant more than anything. im sorry if it sounded like i was looking for pitty...
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus Happy Birthday. - gadget228 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    It should be in your lease agreement that they have the right to come in and inspect your apartment, 2 times a week inspections seems a bit excessive and I don't know of any apartment manager who has the time. Guess it's different where you live. There are laws to protect renters rights, you should learn them.
    http://www.mass.gov/ocabr/docs/tenantsrights.pdf

Another one that might be useful to you.

http://www.masslegalhelp.org/housing..._checklist.pdf
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

0 Not allowed!
    By law, I believe apartment managers have to give 48 hours before entering your apartment UNLESS they feel there is an emergency situation. If neighbors are reporting strange smoke smells, they have to check for the safety of all occupants.

If this is Federal Subsidized Housing, not only do they have their inspections but the State does as well. I have an inspection every few weeks that amounts to them walking in, making sure the batteries work in my smoke alarms and checking my emergency pull cords and they are gone within 3 minutes. Doesn't bother me any.

They have entered several apartments when they do smell smoke tho. One stupid woman was laying in bed hooked up to an oxygen tank and she decided she wanted a cigarette. Had they not entered her apartment, she would have burned up as well as other apartments catching fire.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    thank you very much mommy this is defiantly something to read into. im not a source of intelligence to my mom as she thinks im 98% dumb most of the time lol....

i guess the thing that peeved me about the early morning inspection is the manager and maintenance personal didnt even knock before entering, just shouted "maintenance!!" as the door was being unlocked.

@ LH, ive been trying to find printed law on how much time they give me before an inspection. the most common is a note left on my door monday night at 430 for an inspection wednessday. (the days change but its the same 36 hr ish span). i cant proove any of this speculation, but the days i have late classes i sleep at a friend house thats a short distance from school, those days seem to be the most common days i get the notes. mom doesnt ever check for any of these... but that is pure speculation and probably paranoia because i feel like they are against me lol.....

but again mommy thank you so much for all the info and thanks for reminding me of not being the worst.....
    Last edited by genocidex; 09-14-2012 at 02:32 AM.
    gotta love them bunnies!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    LOL! Hang on to that 2%!

My lease states they can come in at anytime without notice, but must leave written proof that they were there in my absence, and they do yearly inspections of every apartment. Knocking first would have been nice.
    Last edited by mommy1; 09-14-2012 at 02:36 AM.