· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Maybe too many gouramis

0 Not allowed!
    I have just introduced 3 red dwarf gouramis to my 70l community tank. It has become apparent that one fish is being bullied by one of the others - nipping and damaging all the fins. Have I erred by putting these three in together or is there something I can do to save the poorly chap.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You should never put multiple labyrinth fish (gouramis, bettas, etc.) in the same tank as they will tear each other apart. especially when you only have 70L (18G) tank.

Will recommend bringing them back to your LFS and do proper research first.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That tank is probably too small with not enough hiding spaces. I agree with the above advice and at least take one of them back.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, take all 3 of them back. If you take one back, there's still two and they will still fight.
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    Or just take 2 back???? Then there's only one.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Common mistake with gourami's. You see several in tanks at the fish store and think they are compatible. They are not.

Awards Showcase

for your advice and support! - gourami*girl Dude, Thanks from those of us that can only send help. - 850R Have a cool one after helping those around you - Cliff You will probably need a few more of these before you are done - mommy1 Thanks for helping get peoples lives back to normal - mommy1 
    and one more - mommy1 Have another - KingFisher and one more because we all appreciate what you are doing. - mommy1 Looks like your down a qt - Cliff Yeah, because you still need more appreciation. - mommy1 
    It HAS to be time for a burger, There might be more beers on the way :-D - 850R Your effort in NYC is appreciated! - Cory Catfish We all appreciate what you are doing! Thank you! - Cory Catfish thank for being you - Lady Hobbs more - Lady Hobbs 
    For all your hard work - sailor to bolster your spirits - fishmommie Well deserved - Aeonflame Have another on me - Aeonflame Cheers! For all your hard work! - Trillianne 
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - C-Dub Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - C-Dub Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - C-Dub Autism - C-Dub Childhood Cancer - C-Dub 

0 Not allowed!
    The specific type you mention IMO are especially bad with each other. Made that mistake before as well, oh well, lesson learned. Gotta get rid of 2 of them!
    55 Gal- Fluval 305 & Aqua Clear 70;
    2 Gold Veil Angels, 1 GBR, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and 11 pesky Zebra Danio's.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all the quick responses - I thought that I may have been a little dumb!! Unfortunately the bullied gourami gave up the ghost this morning. The remaining 2 seem perfectly content with each others company - the tank is quite heavily planted, so I think there is plenty of room to hide from each other if this is to change.

0 Not allowed!
    Nope. You might get away with that in a heavily planted 55g or up, but not as small as you have.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Awards Showcase

for your advice and support! - gourami*girl Dude, Thanks from those of us that can only send help. - 850R Have a cool one after helping those around you - Cliff You will probably need a few more of these before you are done - mommy1 Thanks for helping get peoples lives back to normal - mommy1 
    and one more - mommy1 Have another - KingFisher and one more because we all appreciate what you are doing. - mommy1 Looks like your down a qt - Cliff Yeah, because you still need more appreciation. - mommy1 
    It HAS to be time for a burger, There might be more beers on the way :-D - 850R Your effort in NYC is appreciated! - Cory Catfish We all appreciate what you are doing! Thank you! - Cory Catfish thank for being you - Lady Hobbs more - Lady Hobbs 
    For all your hard work - sailor to bolster your spirits - fishmommie Well deserved - Aeonflame Have another on me - Aeonflame Cheers! For all your hard work! - Trillianne 
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - C-Dub Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - C-Dub Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - C-Dub Autism - C-Dub Childhood Cancer - C-Dub 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah still think you're gonna have issues, unfortunately
    55 Gal- Fluval 305 & Aqua Clear 70;
    2 Gold Veil Angels, 1 GBR, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and 11 pesky Zebra Danio's.