· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I'll chop the cable ties off once the java fern sticks. :) Green Sevs don't do a lot for me but I love Rotkeil Sevs! Can't get them here though.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Which Severum is the original? I've never really got into Cichlids in all these years. I can talk your leg off about characins, rainbows, barbs, rasboras and Cories but not so much cichlids, I reconize them and know about thier habits but thats about it.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Original as in wild-type? The Green. Normally I prefer wild-type fish, eg. I cannot stand albino oscars, I think they look awful. But I just love Golden Severums.

Funny Steeler -- I started out in the whole community fish thing but have gradually gotten kinda sick of it and moved onto American Cichlids. I have no interested in Mbuna or anything like that. I like Apistos and Rams, severums, Sajicas, firemouths and angelfish. :) I still like schoolers. I adore my Harlequins. Cories I'm getting sick of because mine hide all the time, even when I used to have 13 of the buggers.

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Your right Most albino's don't look good. I guess you know there's a gold Harley but I don't like it much. Always have to have harlaquin's. My tanks are usually S. American themed but I always end up with a big school of harleys. I've kept rams in the past with decent succes and of course angels.

Boy there's alot of people on the forum on Saturday!! I usully log on at night and get in on the tail end of disscusions but today I'm sitting in my easy chair nursing my torn calf that I tore last night officiating a football game.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

0 Not allowed!
    Either way you go, the Sevs are pretty beautiful. I'd have to agree that most Albinos don't look good (or at least don't appeal to me). I think the coloring of Oscars is pretty wild - cool looking fish. Behavior wise, I know little about.

If you get a few Sevs in there and some Dwarves, that would be pretty darn cool. I love Apistos and Rams. When you get down to it, Cichlids are such beautiful and interesting fish - they even give saltwater fish a run for their money.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Huh! I did not know there was a Gold Harley. I've seen the purple ones though, which looked very cool. Haha, I also try to theme most of my tanks SA, but then Harlequins are my favourite schooler so they get to be in there even if they aren't actually South American.

I really am getting the cichlid bug. I've been trying to think of something else to keep with my Sev(s) but not really sure yet. Looking at Sajica Cichlids but I'm a real beginner at stocking cichlid tanks -- it's a whole lot different that stocking a community tank because you have to think so much more about territories and aggression!

I do love those Dwarf Cichlids -- I'm getting some for my 45g. Haven't decided get whether I'll go for Bolivians or GBRs.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    For your viewing pleasure, a Gold Harley:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
    Hm. I suppose it would be cool if it schooled with regular harleys, if you're into that. It doesn't have the triangle which makes them cool.

0 Not allowed!
    One thing I've noticed with my Apistos, is that they're much more calm than the two types of tetras (and Killiefish) that I have. Everything is ravenous, except for them. They really have to put up a fight and become more aggressive to get any food. Otherwise, they'll just wait until the essential feeding frenzy is done and then go in for some flakes or pellets. Stark differences... it's crazy.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    UPDATE!

Today I took Caesar in to the LFS and came home with 3 new Golden Severums. Yaaay! I got 1 from the same batch as my original sev, and 2 from a different pet store, from a golden x super red sev batch. One of them has a couple of orangey-red spots between it's eyes and mouth so I'm hoping he turns into a red. The two half reds came in a close second for "Bargain of the Week", losing to the new tank I just bought... (see my other journal for details on this!). The half red babies were listed for $55 each, and I somehow managed to use my incredible charm to get 2 for $40! So stoked. A friend of mine has a severum from an earlier batch which has just started to go red so I'm really hoping that mine will too!

Pictures will be updated tomorrow, everyone is feeling a little camera shy at the moment!