· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    So, stocklist is now:

4 Swordtails, 3 male Kribensis and 6 Sterbai Cories.

Sold the Rainbow Shark and 7 of the cories, and the 8 Kuhlis. The remaining 6 cories will go into the 45g and the 5 female Kribs from the 45g will go into the 65g to join their male counterparts.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    looks dope

Default Update!!

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, I know it's been a long time since I updated this. Since last time, all the stock which were in there have gone and now there is only one Golden Severum, and one other temporary inhabitant who was a "gift" from a friend who was shutting down his tanks. He will either be pawned off to someone else with a bigger tank, or I'll have to be getting that 100g+ much sooner than I thought. Unfortunately the two seem to have bonded and accompany each other around the tank.

Here is a new FTS. It looks so much cleaner than before, and I've also attached some java fern to the log (thank you cable ties). Excuse the bubbles, I had not long done a water change.

The inhabitants...

Hanging out by the cave...

And again...

Leisurely swim around the tank together...

0 Not allowed!
    Some photos of the PERMANENT resident...

I don't know if he/she is old enough to sex, but the dorsal fin is quite rounded at the end so I'm assuming a female? Correct me if I'm wrong. It's quite hard to see in photos. I would love to get a male and have a pair. I was at the LFS today and they had what I assume was a male Gold Sev. It was larger than my wee goldie and had the spots all over it's gills and face that you often see adult gold severums with, and it also had very pale stripes. I'm wondering why mine doesn't have the dots or stripes and if that is anything to do with gender or just differs randomly between fish. The male-in-question at the LFS also had very pointed fins, not rounded like mine one's fins.

And token picture of Ugly, otherwise known as Caesar. I've become quite attached to him but unfortunately I don't think I have the time, money or space to commit to an even bigger tank right now so he'll have to go sooner or later.

TO-DO LIST:

- find home for Caesar.
    - decide on future tank mates for Severum.
    Last edited by Amelia; 11-03-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Tank looks great.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, he's not ugly! lol

Beautiful tank, Amelia. The rescaping looks amazing. Love the Severum, too - very pretty. =] Well done!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys! I think I am going to get a few more gold severums and try and get a pair. :) I love them.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Go with the severums, good choice. Never been big into Oscar's. Or maybe it's the people that insist on using them as garbage disposal's.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I've never been big into Oscars before either. He is definitely the most interactive fish I've ever owned but Severums are my priority here. I'm going to see if my LFS will let me swap him for a Sev.

Unfortunately the family is very attached to him and don't want him to go. Ugh.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd recommend green severums...far more beautiful in my opinion.

Great looking tank. I'm assuming those cable ties will cover up soon?

I'd love an oscar! Can't justify the room they need though.