· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

heres a gift for you!!!! - squirt_12   purple is purdy - Lady Hobbs   Happy b-day!! - Kuli_Loach   Happy 25th! - Futureboy   Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Kaga's Kritters   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Kaga's Kritters   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Kaga's Kritters   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Kaga's Kritters   Gay and Lesbian Pride - Kaga's Kritters   

Default need info on clown plecos

0 Not allowed!
    I finally found a store near me (1 hr away) that carries clown plecos. I have been wanting some sort of small pleco for the 29g I am working on setting up. Is their anything special they require care wise? thanks.
    10 gal tropical tank (mainly snails w/7 fish), 5 rats, 4 parakeets, 1 senegal parrot, 2 degus, 1 snake, 1 blue tongue skink, 3 mice, 1 rabbit, 1 ferret, 5 cats, 1 dog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    A place to hide is what they need, Kaga. A cave, clump of plants, pile of rocks, something. They are shy and will hide during the day til they get used to your tank and you. When comfortable, they will come out to eat during the day. Green veggies, algae is what they eat. Otherwise, feed just before lights out.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

heres a gift for you!!!! - squirt_12   purple is purdy - Lady Hobbs   Happy b-day!! - Kuli_Loach   Happy 25th! - Futureboy   Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Kaga's Kritters   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Kaga's Kritters   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Kaga's Kritters   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Kaga's Kritters   Gay and Lesbian Pride - Kaga's Kritters   

0 Not allowed!
    great, i will make sure to get some sort of decoration that it can hide in.
    10 gal tropical tank (mainly snails w/7 fish), 5 rats, 4 parakeets, 1 senegal parrot, 2 degus, 1 snake, 1 blue tongue skink, 3 mice, 1 rabbit, 1 ferret, 5 cats, 1 dog

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   

0 Not allowed!
    You can look forward to a long time with them, Kaga. Clown plecos often live past 10 years.

Dave

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sorry about your cat, but 18 years old is a impressive age! - cocoa_pleco   Heres To Those Baby Angels Of Yours! :) - MeganL3985   oscar drinking party! - cocoa_pleco   for quiz answer - Dave66   From one mom to another, cheers! - SkarloeysMom   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - arkie   

0 Not allowed!
    thats pretty cool them living for that long! i bought mine about 2 weeks ago and was wondering if they need to live in groups or are they happy by themselves?
    i have some bristlenose in the tank aswell as a baby sailfin pleco, is that enough company for the clown?
    4ft cichlid community
    4ft community tank
    2ft endler guppy tank
    think i have MTS!!!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    If there are enough hiding places in a larger tank, clown plecos do well in groups, and you may see a rare spawn of the fish.
    The sailfin will get more aggressive towards the others the larger he gets. Sailfins can make it past 20 years, by the way.

Dave

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My clown sometimes comes out at night but not much, he mainly stays in his stump. He is leaving today though, he along with several other fish are going to the LFS.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    they need a place to hide and room to swim. the 4 in my 55g are always together, and hide rarely now. they just want food!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

sorry about your cat, but 18 years old is a impressive age! - cocoa_pleco   Heres To Those Baby Angels Of Yours! :) - MeganL3985   oscar drinking party! - cocoa_pleco   for quiz answer - Dave66   From one mom to another, cheers! - SkarloeysMom   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - arkie   

0 Not allowed!
    its actually hard to find clown plecos here thats why i grabbed mine when i saw it!!! ill have to keep searching now. id like for them to breed one day. are they difficult to breed???
    and the sailfin will be going in the big tank with the oscars when its big enough, but 20 yrs??? shit i could still have Mr pleco when im 44!!!!!
    4ft cichlid community
    4ft community tank
    2ft endler guppy tank
    think i have MTS!!!!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That's why aquarium keeping can become such a commitment. . . when you're good at it fish live amazingly long lives.

Dave