· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 43 of 353 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a growing case of MTS to me.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Seriously. ;P

My wife and I have actually talked about getting a lizard in here now. I have a nice spot in the corner of my office, next to the desk, where I could put a 2'x2'x2' terrarium. Thinking about either a Chameleon of some kind, since I could make it a tall tank and give it some climbing room. Or perhaps a small family of Anoles (Green or Bahaman Brown)... or one Cuban Knight Anole. Not sure yet. If I don't go the 2'x2'x2' option, I may opt for something with less height and more width (like a 40gal) and a different vantage point in the room for a Bearded Dragon, Chinese Water Dragon or some kind of Skink (red-sided or fire). Anyway, something else to do. ;] I'll turn this place into a zoo, yet! (Oh, and we're thinking about a cat now, too. Woohoo!)

Well, back to fish!

I was able to catch a few glimpses of the Amano Shrimp over the last few days. Of course, my camera is rarely at the ready for these guys, but I was able to catch a picture of a couple hiding.

There's actually one right behind him, and another one behind another leaf, but I couldn't get their picture. I did get 2 Otos, though. ;P I saw the biggest Amano eating on a leaf today. Seemed like he wasn't afraid, but then I looked a way for half-a-second and he was gone.

As far as the tank and the fertilizer regimen has been going, I haven't really seen much a difference in algae over the last 4 days. I suppose it's diminishing a little in places, but there's really no new growth, so that's good. I think I'm just going to clear off the sides of the tank and let the SAEs take care of the back, if they can.

Here's Day 11 of Ferts:

Vs. Day 15:

Oh, Day 13 was water change day, and on Day 14 (yesterday), I removed all of the Pygmy Chain Sword plants. I almost felt bad removing them, because their roots were so strong and clean... very white.

Problem was, like I mentioned before, is that they grow anywhere and everywhere. They smash up next to the glass, in front of the Raph cat cave (which I don't think they appreciated), then they grow on top of each other. They were also looking pretty grungy and I didn't feel like trimming and nit-picking over algae.

Of course, now it looks barren up front... barren and bright. The sand, while reflecting the light from my T5HOs, is almost blinding for the camera.

I'm thinking of Dwarf Hair Grass or Micro Swords. I'd like to get short plants that don't spread, but I doubt I'll find that.

My Tiger Lotus is finally developing some colorful leaves, and gaining the stripes that give it the "Tiger" name. Can't wait until it's bigger.

Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Pygmy chain swords are always greener on the other side...
    I would rather have yours than mine which haven't shown proper growth for half a year!

0 Not allowed!
    They're pretty elusive, but I was able to catch my older Raph cat enter his cave from the back. They're pretty damn cool fish. You'll see them go in there and then ascend into the driftwood only to disappear for the day. They'll come down for food and when the lights go out, but otherwise they rarely make an appearance. Sometimes I'll see them hanging about on the substrate or the side of the glass, but not usually.

I thought this was a pretty cool picture, because it caught a glimpse of a good range of my stock in the tank, plus three of my favorites. I really love the SAEs - not only do they eat the crap out of algae, but they're actually quite beautiful and are genuine schoolers. The only problem is that they eat my stem plants. lol The Opaline Gourami, male GBR are two of my favorites, as well, and this also catches 3 Assassin snails out for food (though you can't really see the 3rd one under the plant leaf in the back).

Here they are again, but the SAEs are in tighter formation.

While I was taking pictures on a daily basis, I was noticing how fast the Dwarf Lilly was growing. It grew pretty fast in my 10gal tank, as well, but it was fun to watch in my 75gal, since it's so much taller. It's shot a stem all the way up to the top over the course of 4 days. I made a graphic to show you just how fast this stem growth was:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what kind of design it's going to make with all of its' stems. Once it shoots up several of these lillies, it should provide some nice coverage for my fish. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    Pygmy chain swords are always greener on the other side...
    I would rather have yours than mine which haven't shown proper growth for half a year!
    lol, that's pretty funny. Mine have been growing wild like that ever since I got them. What kind of lighting do you have on your tank?

0 Not allowed!

You should get one of those! ^^^ Leopard Gecko. I have a friend who is heavily into them. You need 10G for one Minimum. :)
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Tanks looking good, great pictures of your SAEs.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK View Post
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Y7YxseM7gle35A

You should get one of those! ^^^ Leopard Gecko. I have a friend who is heavily into them. You need 10G for one Minimum. :)
    I was actually looking at those earlier! Very cool looking little guys. Awesome design pattern. =]

Quote Originally Posted by steeler1
    Tanks looking good, great pictures of your SAEs.
    Thanks steeler. =] The SAEs really turned out to be some awesome fish. I wouldn't hesitate in adding a bigger school of them in a larger tank. Love watching them.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    It also, at least in these pictures, looks like the Gourami got over what was ailing him?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Are you sure your gourami is a boy Kevin? O.o from what I can see the dorsal fin has a rounded tip, which is evident of a female.

Page 43 of 353 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast