· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 40 of 353 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cindy. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Like I've said before; I wish I had your aquarium "green thumb".
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, thanks steeler, I really appreciate that. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    That looks great Kevin! It looks like this is going to end up working for you.

Heck, the water even looks a little more clear. I'm digging the canister. It looks really nice. Good thinking with the tub underneath. I wouldn't have though of that myself.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice tank - the wood and plants are really beautiful.

AS for the dosing chart - phosphorous?! Like any aquarium with fish need that! Talk about asking for algae or worse, blue-green 'algae'! Also, very unlikely a well stocked aquarium would every need nitrates, either. Or is that neither?
    Last edited by Cermet; 02-22-2013 at 09:35 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys. =]

@Mandy, I'm pretty impressed with the Grech, actually... It's taking me a while to write the review, but as for looks and performance, I couldn't be happier so far.

@Cermet, I actually had 0 Phosphates in both my 10gal & 75gal planted tanks, in addition to pretty low Nitrates. My 10gal has a consistent 0-5ppm, while the 75 usually has 5ppm. Adding the Nitrogen is adding the non-toxic nutrient, though, not the harmful stuff we want to get rid of in our water changes.

So far, I'm seeing positive results, so I'm going to stick it out and see how it goes.

I just received the 5 Amano Shrimp I purchased in the mail today. I got them for my 10gal Betta tank, because he gets along with all of the snails in there (he won't even go after pond snails)... however, after acclimating them for a few hours and adding them to the tank, as carefully as I could, he immediately found interest in the new additions. At feeding time, he wasn't even interested in the flakes I was giving him and was constantly seeking out and tracking the shrimp. I'm hoping he's just curious, like he was with the Otos and new snail additions, but there's always a chance he's hunting them and is too slow to catch them.

Well, I was worried about the new additions, so I hopped in the car and drove to Petsmart tonight. Picked up two bunches of Anacharis and a Marimo Moss Ball. I figured they could provide more hiding places for the shrimp, and I know they enjoy moss balls. Hopefully the pursuit from the Betta ends and everyone gets along. =X

As for the plants - today was the end of my weekly regimen, so tomorrow is just CO2 and then Sunday is water change day. Week one complete! I'll post an updated pic of the tank on Sunday to see if a comparison shows any more progress (that'll be 3 days from the previous pic).

Oh, and I've noticed something... a few of my stem plants keep getting munched on. I'm fairly certain the SAEs are the culprit. They're probably getting a little overzealous with the algae eating. Not sure if plants are part of their diet.

0 Not allowed!
    Good Sunday to you all!

Remember how I said that I bought 5 Amano shrimp for my 10gal Betta tank? Yeah, well... I can only find two. ;/ It appears that my Betta liked them a little too much and I'm sunk... If I'm going to have shrimp, it's either going to be in one of my snail breeders or a separate shrimp tank, because neither of my mains are shrimp-safe.

Also, remember how I said that a couple of my stem plants keep getting munched on? Well... yeah. Apparently the red Alternanthera stems are quite tasty, because they no longer have any leaves... just bare stems. I'm pretty sure it's the SAEs, but it could be any of 'em. One of my Water Sprites keeps getting kicked up, as well. I'm thinking either SAE or catfish. Cursed stems!

Anywho, I'm not sure how helpful it'll be to anyone interested, but I finally finished my review of the GRECH GW-302 canister filter. Now it's been a week of using it, and I can honestly say that I'm especially pleased with its' performance. It's very silent and despite its' pump power only being 18w, it's pushing a good deal of water. I'm happy. =]

Here's the review if anyone's interested: http://www.kevinbush.com/reviews/gre...nister-filter/

Awards Showcase

Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    This video reminded me of your tank.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Holy crap. I wish my tank reminded me of that tank. lol The movement going on in there is awesome. The fish have got to love the current or something, because they look like they're having a lot of fun. =]

0 Not allowed!
    Yesterday was water change day (4 tanks, now - it's starting to take longer). Water change yesterday means start the weekly dosing today!

Day 3:

New Fert Regimen - Day 7 (today):

I apologize for the horrible clarity in the Day 7 pic. I also need to clean the front glass (forgot to do that yesterday). There's not a whole lot less algae this time around, it actually looks like it shifted a little bit on the sides/back. However, there is growth in the ludwigia, right sword plant, dwarf lilly, tiger lotus (you can't see it here), a little bit in the water sprites (barely noticeable), and the front mid plants I can't remember the name of at the moment. Growth is good, but less algae is better. ;P Oh, and you may have noticed I'm missing those nice new reddish stems in the back. ;/ Damn fish ate those suckers up.

Page 40 of 353 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast