· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 39 of 353 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I enjoyed your video the cat's look good and it sounds like they are going to get along. That last Black phantom seems to be hanging in there with her Serpae friends.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Nice vid, and nice page set up btw. I really like the Striped catfish! I've never seen those before. I hope everyone is getting along.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    glad your cats worked things out. had trouble playing the video. kept wanting to pause on me - but it's probably my PC
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

I had gone to Baltimore for the day, yesterday, so when I got home, I half-expected to find a dead catfish. I thought I did at one point. I found the new cat resting on my pre-filter sponge. I didn't see any movement, but these cats are prone to wedging themselves in-between tight areas. The bigger cat does this with the heater, all the time... However, the pre-filter was questionable. I tapped on the glass, to make sure it was alive and it didn't move. I literally cursed my luck and went to get my net, expecting to drag out a dead catfish. Well... as soon as I moved the filter intake tube, he floated to the substrate and then the big cat came out and started wrestling with him again. lol

Of course I hadn't expected to begin a fight, because I thought the cat was dead. They went at it again for a few seconds, I ran to get my camera and when I got back, they were done...

@steeler1 - Haha, that Black Phantom has adopted the Serpae shoal as her own and the Serpae's have happily accepted her. It's a happy ending to a tragic beginning. I'm glad she can still feel secure in there amongst her distant (though, not too distant) relatives.

@Mandy - I do, too. They're such a beautiful/interesting fish. They were one of my original wants for my essential stocking, but I always had reservations because of the other types of fish I had wanted. I was originally thinking of pygmy Corys or Otos, but that idea went away with the opportunistic Killifish, who will eat anything that fits in their mouths. That's why I decided the Raphael would be appropriate again. If it was going to be a more aggressive tank, I'd be fine with a more aggressive bottom dweller, like this guy. Same goes for the GBRs... they're more aggressive that I thought they'd be, too. Seems everything is balanced, stock-wise.

@Cindy - Not sure what your internet connection is, but I wonder if your connection was trying to catch up during your playing of the video? They're pretty big vids - the first one is 44mb, while the 2nd one is 77mb. Could be the player kept stopping, because the entire video wasn't loaded?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Two days ago I started dosing with ferts, based on the Seachem chart. I did some looking around and found an excel chart, that I've uploaded to my site, here: Seachem's Daily Dosing Chart. It has a daily dosing regimen, based on the size tank you input. Of course, this is a rough estimate, because it doesn't get into the details of lighting, stocking, filtration, etc, but it's a good starting point.

I already use Flourish tabs (once every 3 months), in conjunction with trace and total tabs (both once every month). Therefore, I removed the "Trace" dosing regimen from the chart, and am basically following the macro/micro nutrient dosing (such as Flourish Comprehensive, Excel/CO2, Potassium, Nitrogen & Phosphorous).

Since Excel is basically CO2, I figure any liquid CO2 I use will be efficient. There's no rule that I have to use all Seachem products. As I begin to run out of ferts, I'll probably seek out more affordable means to macro nutrition, as well.

I still need to buy Iron, so we'll add that next week.

Anyway, with all of this in mind, I have adjusted the chart for my own means, below:

Let's see how this goes!

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like a plan. :) You are much more organized than me. Lol!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah Kevin's always well organized. I do it right but kind of make it up as I go LOL.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, I may seem more organized, but you haven't seen my setup in person. ;P I'm more of a visual kind of guy, who learns from doing, so the things I create on the computer are a bit more organized than my work space. It makes more sense to me, if I produce something like that excel sheet, than if someone were to just tell me what to do or I read it somewhere. lol Not sure that makes sense, but that's me.

Anyway, I finally got my Grech canister filter up and running. I'm still waiting on some filter media to get here, but I figured I could just use the 250mL of Matrix I did receive, the 3 filter floss pads that it came with, and my sponge filters from the 75gal to seed it, for the time being. I have another 2L of Matrix coming in the mail - it'll probably be here by Friday, and I've got a couple of coarse sponges coming, as well (not sure when they'll show up).

I still need to write the review for the filter, but the one thing I can tell you is that that thing is really silent... I mean really silent. It's got pretty good flow going right now, as well, but I suspect that might change with more filter media. It's pretty empty at the moment. That being said, this thing looks pretty, works as it should (so far), and is quieter than my Penn Plax Cascade 1000 canister filter. So far, I'm extremely happy with it.

In plant news, it's now day 3 of my new dosing regimen. Personally, I think there's been a change in plant growth/health. Many of my plants look more green and vibrant, and I've noticed new growth.

For instance, my Tiger Lotus has finally sprouted some leaves! It's taken forever to see any growth from that and as soon as I started dosing the ferts, I've noticed some sprouts. It was unreasonably difficult to get the camera to focus on the lotus, rather than the ugly pygmy chain sword, but here it is. Hopefully you can tell what you're looking at.

My Dwarf Lilly is looking fantastic at the moment. It's growing some pretty large leaves with great color.

It has a lot more room to grow in this tank, in comparison to the 10gal, so I'm curious to see what happens.

Finally, you should hopefully be able to tell that algae has been diminished quite a bit by the SAEs (and hopefully my new dosing regimen). The SAEs have literally cleared nearly 99% of the algae on both pieces of drift wood, and have nibbled on the backs/sides a bit, while also clearing some of the plants. They are diligent workers and are getting quite large.

I'm thinking of posting a new pic of the tank, like that one, every 1-2 or maybe every 3 days, just to document the new regimen and see if it's making a difference. =]

0 Not allowed!
    Comparison shot:

This is Current:

This is the Before:

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Major change, Kevin. the tank looks really great!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Page 39 of 353 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast