· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 31 of 353 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I realy like the way you mapped it all out, much better than the old pencil to paper way LOL.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, it makes for a cleaner presentation and it's just as fun! Thanks Steeler. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Very cool! I am considering Frogbit and Duckweed as a shade plant for my future discus tank.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Sandz, it'll certainly outperform your expectations. =] In fact, I think most floating plants will perform in the same manner. They grow like weeds. My red rooted floaters are exactly the same way. I will admit that the Frogbit is a very interesting looking plant to say the least. I do like it, just not for the Betta tank. It was actually stressing him out in there, depleting his territory. He perked right up again, once I removed it, but now I'm treating fin rot. lol

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Yay! We had success today. =] I received my SAEs in the mail and to my surprise, Gunpowder Aquatics sent me an extra one, making my stock 4 instead of 3 SAEs. I assume they were accounting for a DOA, but I had none. Woohoo! I was a little worried, from my recent Rabbit Snail experience, but I have reason to believe that the packaging had a lot to do with that one. The SAEs were packaged with the utmost care and detail, using breather bags (filled properly with only water and not air), paper towels for cushioning, wrapped in fiberglass for insulation... followed by a Styrofoam box for more insulation with a heat pack taped to the top, and finally inside of a cardboard box for shipping w/ "life tropical fish" stamped on it, so people know what it is. If you ever have to purchase via mail order, I would highly recommend this company. That would be gunpowderfish.com. Very fast processing, quick shipment, very fair prices, great stock and excellent packaging.

Anyway, I'm really excited about my new additions. They're surprisingly more attractive than I thought they'd be and they definitely stick together in a close pack when nervous. I acclimated them for about 3hrs, did a water change on the 75gal, fed my fish and then added the SAEs. They flocked to hiding spots immediately. It didn't take long for the male GBR to find them. He strutted about for a bit, slowly chasing them around the bottom of the tank, making them aware of his presence. It was pretty interesting to watch. Then I got really nervous when my big, fat Killifish decided to check them out. He actually started stalking one of them and I thought he would actually try to fit it into his gaping hole of a mouth... I decided to get his attention by chasing him with my pellet applicator. lol I'd never done that before, but I did not want him ruining this for me. Anyway, after a while things calmed down, he lost interest in them, and I was able to get a picture of the four of them here:

I turned off the lights before they normally go out, so they'd feel more comfortable and the rest of the fish would think it was time to get settled. Hopefully that worked. It's too dark in the tank to find all of them, but I've at least counted 3, so I'm feeling good about the successful introduction.

Tomorrow I should be receiving my 5 new plants that I purchased earlier this week. That should give them some more hiding places, so I'll feel better about that. Right now, they're a little bigger than adult Otos, so I think they're too big for my Killi, but you never know with him. They have huge mouths and will stuff themselves silly. The big one usually eats flakes, small cichlid pellets and follows that up with 3 big bottom-feeder pellets (usually reserved for catfish). He's a greedy little fat thing, but at least he's entertaining. I keep saying he... but I really don't know if it's a female/male. I think the bigger Killies are supposed to be female, but this one's so aggressive it's hard to tell. I'll have to look into it.

Anyway... here's to new fish!

Thumbs up Cheers

0 Not allowed!
    cheers on the SAE. Wait til the get bigger and fill in. I named my two Submarine and Torpedo thats how round the get. Say good bye to your BBA. I bet $$$ it will be gone within the month.
    Roll the Dice!

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny 
    Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to see they arrived in good shape. I've only had a problem with one mail order place.

Anyway great alage eater that does their job.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Gogi! I don't have BBA, but I definitely have a ton of green beard algae and even some Cladophora algae. I'm hoping they eat both of these types.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Steeler. Yeah, I've made about 5 mail order purchases for fish/snails now, so I've seen a few different ways of how they're packaged/mailed. By far, this shipment has been far and away the most professionally done and you could tell they care for their livestock. I'll definitely buy from them again if I need to. =]

0 Not allowed!
    Looking really good Kevin, this tank has matured quickly. Great work.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Page 31 of 353 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast