· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 303 of 350 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3496

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Kevin, sorry to hear about the killi, maybe just a combination of getting older and the stress from the ich/higher temps. Hope all goes well now the temp is reduced.

Awards Showcase

Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the killi, Kev...Chris is right, the 75 has been through hell lately

Hopefully everything will be on even keel now
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.

You know... at least one good thing has come from all of this. When I first got my GBR pair, they were pretty pale. I figured that it was stress from being transferred in a bag and would take some time in the tank to get them acclimated and colored up, but it never really happened. They never colored up to the way I'm used to seeing them, so I figured they were just a bland looking pair.

Then the ich broke out (them being the first). I now think they were definitely the carriers, because the closer I got to the end of heat treatment, the better they looked. Now they're all bright and colored up and looking as they should.

I'm hopeful the bad spell is over and have figured everything out. The biggest trouble has obviously been the ich, but second to that has been food. Hopefully the BRBs were only passing, because they weren't receiving the correct diet. At least that should be a somewhat easy fix.

@Larry, don't worry man, I'm keeping an eye on things. You'd be surprised at how much these fish can eat, though. After several pinches of flakes for the main feeding spot, I always have to throw some in the current of the spray bar, because otherwise the bottom dwellers won't get anything. The competition in the calm area is fierce.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Good on you for looking to the bright side...and having Colombians, I know ALL ABOUT "competition in the calm area", LOL

The way my 40 is set up, the canister spraybar and the AC70 dump into the same area of the tank...surface food will ride in circles in that area, then finally start drifting down into the water column, where the less rambunctious tetras can have a bite...sinking food comes next, for the corys...and the rummys, well, you don't have to worry about them, LOL...they're gonna eat

Do your rummys pick at sunken pellets?...mine sure do

I know it's difficult, but get us a pic or two of those prettily colored GBRs when you can...

Awards Showcase

Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED 
    Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    I toss in a little flake for my gourami and the cories know to go to their food bowl. I'll drop in their pellets while the gourami is busy and I'll slowly give her a little more food to keep her occupied. Then she'll swim to the bottom and try and steal their food. They just sit patiently waiting for her to realize (yet again) that she doesn't like it too much.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    There are times when they act like real bottom feeders
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post

I know it's difficult, but get us a pic or two of those prettily colored GBRs when you can...
    Yep, once the flakes have finished coming, they'll go after the veggie or catfish pellets.

Now that the tank is nice and pretty, I'll try to take some pics tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I toss in a little flake for my gourami and the cories know to go to their food bowl. I'll drop in their pellets while the gourami is busy and I'll slowly give her a little more food to keep her occupied. Then she'll swim to the bottom and try and steal their food. They just sit patiently waiting for her to realize (yet again) that she doesn't like it too much.
    The killi that's left is the most obtuse and dominant eater. She'll push everyone out of the way to eat... my gourami is actually a pushover when it comes to feeding. I try to get her some smaller pellets, in addition to the flakes and she knows they're coming, but everyone always pushes through to get them first. I have to trick the others, so she can get her treats. lol My golden wonder killis have always preferred the larger catfish pellets or even algae tabs. The larger size suits their large mouths and the way they eat.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

8. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    A good deep cleaning always feels good. Those water changes you do when you are rushed and just want to change the water are no fun. But if you can sit there and clean this, polish that, prune them, it is rather relaxing. Sorry to hear about you killi. That's hard when it was a fish you were partial to. Hard to figure out what killed it with as many variables as you got going on right now. I figure once the temps down things hopefully will stabilize again.
    It is a rare day when I get to do this kind of cleaning of the tanks! Last night, I vacuumed one tank, then let it drain, filled the bath tub for the 3 year old, started filling the tank back up, quickly washed her hair, switched out the python to the other tank and let it start draining, replanted the stem plants that worked themselves free up the substrate, then started filling it back up, got the kid out of the bath, and then put everything away just before their bed time. Busy night!

Awards Showcase

Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED 
    Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Branhap View Post
    It is a rare day when I get to do this kind of cleaning of the tanks! Last night, I vacuumed one tank, then let it drain, filled the bath tub for the 3 year old, started filling the tank back up, quickly washed her hair, switched out the python to the other tank and let it start draining, replanted the stem plants that worked themselves free up the substrate, then started filling it back up, got the kid out of the bath, and then put everything away just before their bed time. Busy night!
    I know how that is. It's my job to give the baby his bath every night. Though he goes to bed at 8 so I usually do my aquarium work after that.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Branhap View Post
    Sounds like a night of multitasking to me, lol

Page 303 of 350 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast