· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 281 of 353 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3529

0 Not allowed!
    So, I just took a really quick video of my CO2 atomizer to show you what "works" actually means. Then I took a few minute vid of the Apisto panduro tank. It looks really dirty in there right now, btw, because my new piece of driftwood decided to snot all over the place. That's been turning into diatoms and drifting all over. Couldn't get it all out of the tank, but at least the snot's going away finally. I was able to catch a couple of the females and the male, but I was able to catch my Lyretail killis, as well (male & female). The male is much easier to spot, as the female is very dark - like a brownish color and almost blends in with the substrate. Which reminds me... I really need to get a black background on that thing. Keep forgetting to do it.

I also took a few pics of my 40gal breeder to show some plant growth and a FTS of the 20gal micro fish tank. The 75gal was undergoing a water change, that's why you only get the co2 atomizer. lol ;P I'll post those tonight (including the clam pics - sorry for that delay).
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm looking forward to the pic's :)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

3 Not allowed!
    As I'm working on the other stuff, here are the promised clam pictures!

Here's a few minutes after I placed them. This kind of demonstrates the size of them. They're approximately 1" in diameter. I also thought this was a cool pic of the T. hengeli & CPDs. =]

This is a close-up of one of the above clams. You can see the siphon at work, here. There appears to be two little holes on the right side of the clam's mouth. Pretty cool to see in person. Had no idea it looked like this.

This was a lucky shot. The clam is just about to dig under the sand. I caught this right before he was disturbed by my male Krib. You can see his foot reach out under the sand.

And here's what it looks like when they've gone under. lol All that's left is a little divot, which ends up flattened out with time. Not sure if they ever surface again, but I suppose we'll see.

More pics/vids to come. =]

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

1 Not allowed!
    You probably remember all of my troubles with co2 diffusers. lol If it wasn't one thing, it was another. The pump killed two of my Nerite Snails, the ladder trapped a rummynose tetra, the cheapo diffuser from China didn't work (I'm questioning that now, though) and so I decided to spend some money on a GLA ceramic rod diffuser (CO2 Atomizer).

Anyway, I set this up a couple of days ago and after some trials, I finally narrowed my problem down to a leak in the tubing (that's why I'm curious if the Chinese diffuser might work and I just didn't realize the leak at that time). So, I fixed the problem and here's what the diffuser should look like:

I have the regulator set at about 40+psi (which looks like 4-5 bubbles per second in the bubble counter). I want to try it at this level for a while and see how things go, but I have had it set to a higher psi with a stronger mist coming out of the ceramic. It looks pretty cool, because those bubbles are super tiny. They say it's supposed to look like a mist and it actually does. Anyway, it'll take some experimenting to find the perfect setting, but I'm just pleased I found something that will work and won't physically harm my fish/inverts. lol

3 Not allowed!
    Ok, onto the next!

This is how my 20gal Micro fish tank looks at the moment vs. what it looked like about a month ago.

Before:

After Trimmings & more growth (the Pygmy Sword Chains are really doing well and actually covering the substrate like I want):

Here's a before and after shot of the 20gal Panduro tank.

Before:

After (switched out malaysian driftwood w/ a small manzanita branch and rearranged plants - though, it's kind of hard to tell what's going on atm):

Awards Showcase

Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good :)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks Lee. =]

Here are a couple of shots of the male Apistogramma panduro (couldn't decide which was a clearer picture, so I figured I'd post both):

Shot 1:

Shot 2:

And here's the video of the Panduro/Australe 20gal tank:

Hope you enjoy!

Awards Showcase

sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 
    for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 
    Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 
    Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    Great stuff here Kevin. I remember a long conversation we had about those CO2 diffusers. Glad you found one that works. Those clams look awesome, your 20s look awesome, and your apistos look awesome! Thanks for the updates.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

1 Not allowed!
    Looking good kevin. That is a neat set of pics with the clams.

Awards Showcase

sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny 
    for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 
    Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 
    Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    Those chain swords really have grown between the two photos. I'd like to try that some day with C. parva.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Page 281 of 353 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast