· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 346 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Pictures please!!! Watch those guys closely just in case. (Although I know I don't really need to say that.)
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, I'll be watching them for sure. Though, I'm always watching my tanks with paranoia. lol

Well, no pictures tonight... went to use my camera and the battery died after I took 3 pics. Tomorrow, for sure! =] Hopefully I don't scare my new additions to death with a water change, because tomorrow's the day.

Oh, and a quick update on the Assassins: They are the most elusive creatures I've ever had in a tank... They do not come out during the day, at all. I couldn't find one today. However, tonight, after the lights were off for about an hour or so, I decided to take a look and found one. I just hope they start doing what I hired them to do. ;/
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Update time!

Remember when I said I was going to try the BG Algae remover? Well, it worked! It only took one dose, too. After a day, the BG algae started to roll up and die. I removed the larger pieces that looked pretty nasty. There were still some remnants here and there, but the directions say to dose again after 48hrs, so I decided to wait. Lo and behold!!! After 48hrs, there is absolutely no hint to there ever being BG algae in my tank. It's clean and clear and I'm as happy as can be that this is the case.

I would recommend to anyone with a BG Algae problem to give this stuff a go. It cleared it in two days (no redosing required), didn't effect my Nitro bacteria and it didn't effect my fish. 100% positive feedback on this sucker. If ever I have a problem again, I've still got quite a bit to use. Definitely worth the money.

Here's a link if you need it (best price I found, anyway): http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Green-Alg.../dp/B002DVPLHQ

So, after my ridiculous plant growth and now that the BG algae is under control, I decided to trim some of the Cabomba and take out a few of the Ludwigias that looked a little nasty.

I also added a sponge filter in the back left corner (which my Apistos tend to like for some reason) and replaced my heater with an EHEIM Jager (since the old one was going bad), and re-positioned it, so it's less visible.

Additionally, now that I switched from the filter outtake tube to the spray bar, my plants aren't all leaning to the right and forward. They're much more under control and the fish are seeming to be enjoying the calmer waters. I'm digging the spray bar quite a bit.

Anyway, here's the tank as is, right now:

I realized I hadn't been able to get a good pic of the Golden Wonder Killies, yet, so here's one of them. I had to switch to manual focus for taking pics in the tank, because you really can't get an auto focus to work on fish for some reason. Here's one of the bigger guys:

Here are my two Apistos. Love these two. The female (much smaller one) follows the male around all over the place. Safety in numbers. ;P

Got lucky on this one, but only got the male. The female was in her spot by the smaller rock cave. They male is definitely more adventurous, but the female sits by the caves quite a bit.

Had to get a corner shot - they kept moving all over the place, as soon as I would take a pic.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it! =]

0 Not allowed!
    Those guys are awesome! Man do I wish my Gourami would let me have some GBR's or Apistos. I do love the little booger though. I'm just itching to add something new to the tank, but I've gott wait until my QT is freed up.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    Those guys are awesome! Man do I wish my Gourami would let me have some GBR's or Apistos. I do love the little booger though. I'm just itching to add something new to the tank, but I've gott wait until my QT is freed up.
    Yep, these two are easily my new favorite fish. ;P Very colorful, nice personalities (so far) and play well with others. Watching them swim (like most Cichlids, I'm sure) is pretty cool. It's a bit different from the other freshwater fish in my tank. My Killies transport... they're so fricking fast. The Serpaes & Phantoms just jet around like submarines, but these guys are like Hummingbirds or something. They hover in place, but when they swim they can stop on a dime, without any other movement noticeable. It's crazy.

I'm probably not explaining it right, but it's pretty darn cool. ;P

Can't wait to get my GBRs and Paradise fish. Hopefully they all play nice with each other.

It's been a little over a week, since I bought my Apistos and everyone is doing great. While cleaning today (it was water change day), I was removing a dead stem plant and noticed one of my Assassins. He was buried right next to the plant. I'm going to have to be careful when planting/moving plants in the future, because I usually just jam the stems down into the sand... or shimmy rooted plants down. lol

I also noticed quite a bit more empty shells in the aquarium, so I know they're doing their job - they're just doing it when I can't notice. Not going to say I'm disappointed... I'd rather they do their killing in the cover of night, like any good vigilante. ;P

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    I also noticed quite a bit more empty shells in the aquarium, so I know they're doing their job - they're just doing it when I can't notice. Not going to say I'm disappointed... I'd rather they do their killing in the cover of night, like any good vigilante. ;P
    LOL. Yes. We like our killers silent, invisible, but deadly

The tank looks absolutely fabulous! All your hard work paid off. It's just stunning.
    I know how badly you want the Paradise fish. They are beautiful but I oh, so hope, it is not nasty like the one I had and had to return. Watch it carefully around your pretty little fishes.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie
    LOL. Yes. We like our killers silent, invisible, but deadly

The tank looks absolutely fabulous! All your hard work paid off. It's just stunning.
    Thanks Cindy!

I know how badly you want the Paradise fish. They are beautiful but I oh, so hope, it is not nasty like the one I had and had to return. Watch it carefully around your pretty little fishes.
    lol, every time someone says that I get so nervous. I may just opt for the Opaline Gourami and call it a day.

Though, I do like a challenge! And if things get out of hand, I can just transfer him temporarily into my 10gal. Not sure who would take him, though. I'd have to order it online, since no one carries them around here. Maybe Petsmart would take it... I don't know.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I just won 10 (+2 extras in case of DOAs) Red Cherry Shrimp on Aquabid. I plan on acclimating them for the 75gal and see how they take to that. I was trying to decide between the Yellow variant or the red, but I think the Red will stand out more against the light sand substrate and green plants (not to mention black background). They should look good. =] I'm anxious to see how they do.

I also just bought an Orange Rabbit Snail and 2 Horned Nerite Snails for my 10gal. The tank is really under stocked and the additional movement/activity would make things more interesting. I do find the Betta visually appealing and interesting, but I'd like something more out of the tank, without overdoing it with fish and waste. The added snails should be able to clean up more of the algae and plant matter in the tank, and help the Otos. There's no shortage of algae, that's for sure... but the sides of the tank and the plants are getting a little nasty.

I think it's the 10,000k bulb, in addition to the thin substrate - I may need to add another bag of black sand (we'll see). The plants seem to be growing fine, but the roots really have nowhere to go... and the vals seem to be doing ok, then all of a sudden the tips will melt off. It's getting gross, so I'm thinking adding a little more to the clean-up crew might help, in addition to making the tank more fun/interesting. ;]

Pictures when I get 'em!

Page 13 of 346 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast