· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 122 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1980

0 Not allowed!
    I've actually had beaver stew, very good, just tough to clean. Figured we'd try it because my future father in law traps, so why not try to use the meat.

As for Per, I've been talking to him a bunch, he's swamped with tax season etc, but he is due to post early next week when he gets the box I sent him lol
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudiJetson View Post
    I will never be able to look at bbq the same way again lol!
    She speaks...!!!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    what is also good is alligator and rattlesnake, wonder if slap ever had that. They are both pretty tasty
    I have actually never had the oppurtunity to try either one, believe it or not...but I would not hesitate

Quote Originally Posted by JudiJetson View Post
    I will never be able to look at bbq the same way again lol!
    Who are you???

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    I've actually had beaver stew, very good, just tough to clean. Figured we'd try it because my future father in law traps, so why not try to use the meat.

As for Per, I've been talking to him a bunch, he's swamped with tax season etc, but he is due to post early next week when he gets the box I sent him lol
    I'd try it, I bet it is good...we all have our "regional" recipes...and thanks for the update on Sandz

Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    She speaks...!!!
    Who IS she?...a new member??
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My step dad hunts moose, it's OK but quite gamey. Rabbit is fantastic.
    Don't poke the crazy

2 Not allowed!
    So, just a quick update...

Yesterday I took nitrate readings and found the following:

The 75gal had a reading of 5ppm. I believe it had been about 4 days since my 80% water change on this tank, so that's really good news for this sponge-free test. Of course, I can't attribute it all to the filter media, as I have growing Cabomba and Parrots Feathers (which are coming along quite nicely). Today actually marks my first trimming of the tallest stems.

To keep things in perspective, the last reading of the 75gal was 20ppm Nitrates.

The 20gal Long was a different story. The last reading was on the 19th and it was 20ppm. I took readings of that tank yesterday, as well, and it was still 20ppm. This is still good news, because nothing changed. The plants remained the same and it had been sponge-free for about a week. I just did a big water change on this tank tonight, so hopefully that brought the trates down some. I'll check them again tomorrow, once things have settled from the pwc. I also added the trimmings from the 75gal to the 20gal long. I'm going to start outfitting this tank for future inhabitants and I'd like to make it heavily planted. I plan on either adding Black or Green Neons and some other schooler to replace my Betta, which seems to be on his last legs (though still trucking along).

In a couple of days I'll do another 50% water change on my 75gal and I'm hopeful that'll bring the trates down even lower. I'd love to get them down to 0ppm in there.

Also, another thing to note about going sponge-free w/ lava rock: both the 20gal long and 75gal are very clean. This is pretty surprising, because you'd expect that smaller particulate matter would be floating all over the place. That doesn't appear to be the case. So far I'm really liking the results of this test.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

1 Not allowed!
    Just a quick update...

I took my nitrate params last night and got a result of 10ppm. That's the same as it was on the 20th, and prior to that, I had reported they were 10ppm about 3 days earlier. So, the readings have been at a steady 10ppm for a week. That's good news in my book, because they're not rising at all. So far, the sponge-free test is working well.

I did a pretty large 50+% water change tonight and I'm hopeful the nitrates will be brought down to an even lower level. I'm aiming for 5ppm in this tank. I assume it'll be difficult to reach 0ppm in here, because I don't have that many nitrate busters. I have some Hygros, but the rest are Vals and Crypts (not exactly known for their nitrate eating abilities). That said, however, my Crypts are actually going wild. I'm finding runners and plantlets all over the place. I think they're going to choke out the Vals, actually... or at least I feel that's their end game. ;P

It's great that everything's growing like wildfire, but I wish they'd grow taller, faster. lol I'm seeing subtle changes every few days, but I want my Retrospiralis to go nuts in height. I want that back wall covered.

Otherwise, everything is going well in there. The fish are all healthy and the filter changes are working out.

One more thing: To ease Matt's mind, the tank had actually cleared up a great deal prior to my big water change tonight. Most of the particulate matter had disappeared from the water column, so I assume it had settled or the pre filter sponges are picking up quite a bit (rinsed those out tonight, as well - lots of gunk, but still massive water flow).

All good news tonight.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    Nice update, thanks for letting us know how it's working for you Kev

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sounds good!
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

3 Not allowed!
    Good to hear that those pesky problematic particulates have proceeded to particularly become less prominent...thanks Kev!

10. Default

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Good to hear that those pesky problematic particulates have proceeded to particularly become less prominent...thanks Kev!
    another song in the making!!
    Proper praise imparted for your particularly pitiful - i mean - pretty prose.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Page 122 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast