· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 105 of 198 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1980

0 Not allowed!
    Later today I finished rescaping the tank. I'm pretty happy with it.

Now we play the waiting game as everything grows in and adjusts to the tank. I plan on placing some additional plants around the driftwood on the right, but I'm not sure how thick I'm going to make it. Not sure if you can tell, but the back of the driftwood on the right has plants throughout. So it'll be surrounded by Cabomba, parrots feather & rotala indica/magenta. When it all grows in, it should be pretty beautiful. I also added my 2nd light to hopefully bring out more of the reds in the rotala.

Here's a close-up of the right side:

And here's my little house in the woods for another Apisto (or cat...). I may need another one. lol

I tested my nitrates last night and found them to be pretty high again. They were reading 40ppm, so I cleaned out my other filter (which I found desperately needed it) and did about a 40-50% water change. That's why the pics look a little cloudy. Lots of bubbles going on in there.

It's snowing tonight... we're supposed to get between 4-6in and it's not supposed to stop for another day or so, but once the weather clears up and we're seeing 40-50' temps again, I'm going to place my order at TWS for the following:
    1 x Male Apisto cacatuoides "Super Red"
    20 x Rummynose Tetra
    8 x Black Ruby Barbs

I'm going to switch out my smaller filter with my Rena Filstar XP L which will more than cover me, plus the added plants (especially these plants) should buffer the effects of increased bioload.

I'm very excited about the addition of the new fish... Can't wait to get 'em. =]
    Last edited by KevinVA; 02-13-2014 at 03:43 AM.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    Still looks good, can't wait to see the Rummy nose in that tank, between your "green thumb" and thier coloration, win, win!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    looks great Kevin. And I love the new neighbors photos :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys. Not sure if you noticed, but I removed the Anubius from the big piece of driftwood on the right. Not sure if I should attach anything there or not. What do you guys think? Right now they're just floating around the tank. Should I reattach them or remove them from the tank altogether? I was thinking about putting them in the 40B or 20L.

0 Not allowed!
    Tank is looking AWESOME Kev, even with the juvie plants...I wouldn't change a thing, let the anubias float for now...that is hilarious that the fat cat claimed a cave for his own...are those coconut caves, or something different?...can't quite focus yet this morning, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Matt! Yep, those are coconut caves. Just bought some shells that were already hollowed out and cut in half, then I drilled a hole with a circular saw bit. Easy enough. When I checked on them this morning, the Raph cat was in the other cave. lol I feared that he ate the Apisto, but I found her hiding in the Parrots feather. Not sure how this is all going to play out. Those caves were meant for Apistos! lol

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Thanks Matt! Yep, those are coconut caves. Just bought some shells that were already hollowed out and cut in half, then I drilled a hole with a circular saw bit. Easy enough. When I checked on them this morning, the Raph cat was in the other cave. lol I feared that he ate the Apisto, but I found her hiding in the Parrots feather. Not sure how this is all going to play out. Those caves were meant for Apistos! lol
    Thanks Kev!...sorry I missed your answer yesterday...they look swell

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Thanks Kev!...sorry I missed your answer yesterday...they look swell
    lol, that's ok. ;P

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    I forget where did you get you coconuts from, I was looking but I must have over looked it.

I could always get some from the store, let the wife make a few pina coladas and clean them out good followed by a good boiling I would think?
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    I forget where did you get you coconuts from, I was looking but I must have over looked it.

I could always get some from the store, let the wife make a few pina coladas and clean them out good followed by a good boiling I would think?
    Yep, that's what I'm gonna do

Page 105 of 198 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast