· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pictus Catfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Pictus. Lost my mind, as I didn't read the change of thread lol.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - Lady Hobbs   Welcome Back! - Lady Hobbs   welcome back - angelcakes   here you go dork - SamAnthrax   No Message - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, im not really attracted towards the red tail black sharks. What about perhaps something like....the black belt cichlid, or something?? I guess what im trying to do is have one fairly large as in 10'' as my main attraction fish then have some other fish in there like firemouths or maybe even some of those blue rams? im out of ideas lol but if im spending the money i want to make sure all the stuff i put in it will be compatible with the size tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    We appreciate your dedication to ensuring your fish are wholly compatible with the tank size you are planning. German blue rams and firemouths are spectacular fish, but I have never kept them.

The black belt cichlid as far as I remember must be kept in a tank with other fish that aren't too small or passive. I'm not sure it would do well with the blue rams.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - Lady Hobbs   Welcome Back! - Lady Hobbs   welcome back - angelcakes   here you go dork - SamAnthrax   No Message - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    Well i went to the petstore today and i came accross a tank of green terrors. (they were 15 bucks per fish and they werent full grown). there was this one GT that was a good size lots of color like a rainbowish color on his tail fin when he turned a certain way, and had orange around his fins. beautiful fish. and they had the red devils which i was very attracted too as well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well i think i might go with a red devil for my 55 gallon. The one i keep watching at the petstore is just hilarious. He could be staring at me for one second, then another second just turn around and chase this other red devil lol. Hes constantly nipping everyone and hes always pushing into the other guys. theres 2 maybe 3'' red devils (the biggest oness) and one has a lot of nipped fins and the other has no damage what so ever(guess which one isnt getting beat up lol). So i know which one i want and i cant wait. But heres my question when i set my tank up how long do i have to wait for the cycle process in order to get the fish in my tank without harming him?? (just 1 fish) I have well water (dont know if that helps). This fish really amazes me and i really want him. i figure i could get my new tank cleaned with gravel maybe by next saturday or earlier im not sure.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Please refer to the stickly post about fishless cycling and follow the instructions therein.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

South Central Maryland- Washington DC Suburbs

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   For your patience and tenacity! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a Pictus in my 45g and I am giving it to my LFS tomorrow 75G or more for Pictus.
    180 Gallon:
    1-Motoro Stingray
    1- Mantilla hybrid Stingray
    1- Black Henlei/Leopoldi hybrid Stingray
    1- 14" Spotted Gar

40 gallon Breeder grow out tank:
    1- 6 Tiger Shovelnose Catfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

everyone should have a gift :-) - mitcore   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   

Default Spot, my polkadoted pictus catfish

0 Not allowed!
    My polkadoted pictus catfish is always swiming around really fast. Is he scared or what because I can't figure out why he is doing it?
    I fishies!

Tanks
    10g - Planted, a betta, 3 baby rainbows, and 3 high fin cory cats

29g - Angelfish, 2 ottos, 4 cory cats, 6 cardinal tetras, 1 snail, 2 rainbows, and 4 gold tetras

46g(hex) - 1 African Ciclids

50g - 2 snake skin gouramies, 2 black neon tetras, 4 blue tetras, 3 blood fin tetras, 5 serpae tetras,2 other tetras I don't know the name of, 3 black skirt tetras, and 3 cory cats

2.5g(hex) - Planted, no fish

AABatteries is my brother

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

everyone should have a gift :-) - mitcore   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I figured out why he was doing that. He had white fungus spots on him and he was trying to itch it off. So I got some medicine for it so I'm good.
    I fishies!

Tanks
    10g - Planted, a betta, 3 baby rainbows, and 3 high fin cory cats

29g - Angelfish, 2 ottos, 4 cory cats, 6 cardinal tetras, 1 snail, 2 rainbows, and 4 gold tetras

46g(hex) - 1 African Ciclids

50g - 2 snake skin gouramies, 2 black neon tetras, 4 blue tetras, 3 blood fin tetras, 5 serpae tetras,2 other tetras I don't know the name of, 3 black skirt tetras, and 3 cory cats

2.5g(hex) - Planted, no fish

AABatteries is my brother