· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I was THIS close!

0 Not allowed!
    Sooooo I almost bought on impulse today, but I didn't. I hope you guys are proud! Lol!

I saw the upsidedown catfish today, and I just love it! Can anyone offer any info? Don't worry, I'm gonna do other research as well, I just like to know what you guys think.

Current stock for 55g.

1 Dwarf Gourami
    24 Neon Tetra
    8 Serpae Tetra
    9 Kuhli Loach
    1 Ghost Shrimp
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

Exclamation I hope this example is followed :-D

0 Not allowed!
    I have no exp with those Mandy but your restraint/discipline is to be admired & emulated.

In other words.. I like the way you're thinking here :-P, Excellent call IMO.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Ditto that! Walking away is the road to take. Do your research and THEN go back and get it if it will work in your tank. Hurrahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    IMO, i wouldn't put another bottom dwelling species in your tank. And good job on preventing yourself to buy impulse!
    Da name's Paul. Not Dave. ROFL

Learn to give and take. That's how things should always work.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys! Yea I was worried about that as well Paul. I guess that settles it then. I just thought they were so interesting!
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    One of my all time favorites! I wish I could get some more of them. The upside down cats are actually a schooling species, Mandy. So to have them, and enjoy them more, you would really have to relocate your loaches and add around 5 of the cats. They don't need a big school, like the tetras, but they come out and about a lot more when they're in a group. I have 2 in with my Africans, and I really only see them late in the afternoon, and in the evening when it's their feeding time. I love watching them though!
    Oh, and if you do get some one day, make sure that you're buying Synodontis nigriventris. The other types of upside down cats can grow too big.
    Last edited by escamosa; 09-07-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like you might need to start a second tank??? If you can make it work, that's one way to have additional stock you want without it causing problems in an already-established community. You can build the second tank around its own compatible stock, just as you did the first one.

Congrats on the willpower, by the way!

--mermaid
    20 gal. high: planted; 8 white cloud minnows, 10 RCS, 2 blue shrimp, several snails; AC50, Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 7 rosy barbs, 6 glofish,, 2 zebra danios, 6 rosy red (fathead) minnows, 3 dojo loaches, several snails; AC110 x 2.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh man mermaid. If my house was bigger I would have more. I already have three! A 55g community, a 10g dwarf puffer, and a 1.5 g snail tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Oooh! I'm looking at these for my 65 with a Severum and pair of kribs if I can kick the cories out into another tank!

I don't really want another fish I never see though... Kuhli's put me off nocturnal fish.

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    an upside down cat would eat your neons in that setup. good job waiting.
    Thar she blows!!!