· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Already eating is a great sign Cliff. Once settled in the main tank he will pop out when hungry. My snowflake will extend 1/2 his body much like my oscillated. The zebras and black edge swim around like crazy. You'll know the signs once you get more acquainted. I'm pretty sure it won't be long before it becomes your favourite resident. 😜
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Well, the eel is still playing shy, only coming out at night. But he is still eating and you can see his little head poking out of the rocks every now and then. Hopefully, he will be more active soon. I tried to capture the eel and the rest of the gang in the tank today after putting some mysis in the tank, but he was still playing shy.

But here is the video anyways. The colors look like ****, you can even tell I am growing green star pylups on the left hand side of tank, but this was the best video that I was able to get today.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    patience, patience, lol.
    thanks for the clip...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    patience, patience, lol.
    thanks for the clip...
    I believe I mentioned it earlier, takes time for these guys to establish themselves and be confident enough to be "out" all the time. Just seeing them in a nook will be the norm probably for a month, maybe more. My ocellated took 2 months to hang out. Have you started yet with the squid or pacific white shrimp cut into bite size strips?

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, from what I have read they start to become more and more active as they slowly get used to their new home. The eel seams to be on track for that I think. Hopefully he will be more active when the tank lights are on in a week or two. He will typically come out for a little while when I put food in the tank but he was not in the mood for that yesterday. So far he is only eating large mysis and clams. I have tried squid, mussels, octopus, and large raw shrimp cut up in a size he can eat, but he was not interested in the least. That will likely change in time tho and as his appetite increases. I will try some of those foods again in about a week.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Hope your not trying to feed everyday. I found a hungry eel will eat what's offered so you get to choose the form of protein provided. I'm surprised your snowflake eats muscles. Mine won't even when hungry.

0 Not allowed!
    Oh heavens no, you can't feed any juvenile and/or adult marine predators that often. That is not healthy or natural for them and you would quickly have your water quality decrease leading all kinds of other headaches to deal with. I feed him very 3 to 4 days actually, same schedule as the lion fish right now. It will sometimes be a day off of that routine if I forget when the last feeding was. The angel gets seaweed on the days in between as he needs food on a more regular basis.

Mine did not take the mussels yet, only the mysis and clams. I'm sure his preferences will change as time goes on

0 Not allowed!
    Forgot to mention, I have been trying each of the different listed foods at each feeding to get a better idea of what he will eat. I follow the below steps when for preparing food for both the eel and the lionfish, that way I have a better chance of getting them a wider range of different proteins. The only extra step I have to take is cutting up small pcs for the eel after feeding the lion fish

http://www.reefaquarium.com/2012/fee...froozen-foods/

0 Not allowed!
    The ell seams to be doing good and is a lot more active. That little guy is fast so it is proving to be very hard to get a clear picture of him. But here is one of him waiting for a meal by the opening to his favorite little hiding hole.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nice pict. looks like he's def found a favorite spot :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast