· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks William. I might just try some weather stripping on the inside of the door to block out the light from the algae compartment in the sump.

I put the bio-pellets back on the set-up using a old reactor that I had. I was debating if I was even going to ad it back, but with the very high bio-load those two lion fish are starting to create, I felt I might a well as at least 1/4 dose of bio-pellets and increase as the fish get bigger and add more demands on the filtration

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I got a rock flower anemone today. I have been wanting to get one of these guys for a while now, but I has taken a while before I found one that look healthy. I acclimated him to the tank today, and I am acclimating him to the light right now. He seams to be settling in well as he has attached his boot and closed his mouth all within a few hours.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    interesting addition!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Sheamurai

I don't know why, but I have always been fascinated by rock flower anemones. Mostly because their are not as popular as BTA and carpet anemones and they are a little different as well. At any rate, he seams to be doing well. I'll give him a week or two to settle in then I will try spot feeding him a little. That would most likely have to be a two-person job as the lionfish typically are very very quick to grab food from the tweezers.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice!

0 Not allowed!
    After a lot of research and talking with others that have first hand experience, I have decided to add a snowflake eel to this set-up

All things considered the risks are minimal, but also controllable, at least to some extent. I will be getting a small snowflake eel which will ensure the angel is very close to mature size by the time the eel is close to mature size limiting the risks of the eel thinking the angel is food.
    Keeping the eel properly fed will also limit the risks
    Based on what I have been able to research, there is ~95 to 99% change this will work out just fine

However, as many of us have learned the hard way in this hobby, fish (and eels) do not always follow the typical behavior that is well documented by verified scientific research. So I am now thinking about what if my luck turns out bad and I get a snowflake eel in the 5% category. By getting a younger eel, I should be able to see any signs of potential problem early enough to do something about it before the angel gets hurt. I am comfortable with being able to minimize the risks. I can always move the angel to another tank, or rehome/sell the eel should this not work out.

I have only been able to find one occurrence of a snowflake eel growing much bigger than a typical one would (at least one that I could verify). There was one guy in the city that I currently live in that had a snow flake grow closer to 3 feet long and as thick as a beer can (much larger than a average one). It at 5 tangs in the tank, but the eel was big enough for those fish to fit in his mouth.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How long you been doing SW Cliff?
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a good addition. You know I love Morays. Not as much as frog and scorpionfish, but I do love them. LOL.

How is your flower anemone doing now that in been in the tank 10 days or so?
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

0 Not allowed!
    The anemones have been doing really well, and are actually getting a little more color to them

0 Not allowed!
    Thats good to hear. Will be hoping for some pictures in another week or two.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast