· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, I don't know why I never thought of doing this before. It does make it a lot easy to move a stand when you can take it apart into 2 pcs. I just wish I could do something to make the tank easier to move !!!

I've got everything painted with at least one coat of paint now.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    This weekend is the weekend for me to move this set-up into our basement family room. I borrowed a 90 gallon tank from a friend so I can move the fish and corals into that tank to make this move a whole lot easier. I figured that would be the best for the fish as I want to make a few changes to the plumbing and re-arrange all of the rock work

The fish are settling into the 90 gallon now. I have about 75% of the live rock in there with them, the rest is in a container of SW for now

Now I will be able to clean everything (including what little substrate that I have in there) and bribe my brother in law to give me a hand with the tank

Pics to follow as I go
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Ahem, and while you're relocating and setting up the FOWLR, will we be going live with a mantis shrimp tank?

I went to a LFS for the first time in a very longgggg time and I saw this huge volitan for only $150 and it looked super. The thing is easily over a foot long and in perfect condition. I also saw this fat and big Japanese Dragon Moray (probably about 30 inches long) for $1k. Thought to myself, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, do I want to set up a FOWLR? ............
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    I know what you mean

A freind of mine up-graded to a 10 foot 400+ gallon tank as a FOWLR about 4 or 5 years ago. There were many evenings spent watching thank over a few cool ones. Some day I would love a larger FOWLR like that.

0 Not allowed!
    You know what else I'd really want? A tank dedicated to leafy and weedy sea dragons (if I can get through all the hurdles of getting them, lol). They're magnificent creatures. That's something I'd want to try in the distant future.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    That does sound like a great set-up.

0 Not allowed!
    Tank has been moved and is now in place on the new stand

I did a few power fail tests and everything worked as planned. I'm still not happy with how the return pump and plumbing is set-up. It is good enough for now tho. I might make some more changes once I can afford to up-grade the return pump. I'm going to run the set-up with dechlorinated FW for a few days just to make sure there are no small leaks anywhere. Once I am satisfied, I will start filling the set-up with SW again, put the rock back, and move the the whole crew back into the tank.

Everyone seems to be doing OK in the temporary tank right now. Although they all have colored up again as normal, they are still pretty shy which is to be expected. I'll feed the angel some seaweed tonight and feed the lions tomorrow or the next day depending on their behavior. I feed them a LOT the past three days before the move so they should be fine for a few days of fasting.

0 Not allowed!
    I like that big centerpiece rock with the algae. Although, If I threw that in my tank, all the algae will be gone......lol

0 Not allowed!
    tank looks pretty good for just moving!!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

My green macro algae (feather caulerpa ) seams to like this light a lot better than it liked the light in the sump. I'll have to keep a close eye on this for a while as I never would have thought this algae would to better on 10K lighting as compared to ~5K. Maybe it's just the visual effect the light has on the algae. I'll have to watch it very carefully over the next few days in order to be able to tell

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast