· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: 1 male betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You really need a fish in your AC tank! - Northernguy   For your wife. - little hawaii   

Default 1 male betta

0 Not allowed!
    I have 1 male betta, or I should say he belongs to my 7 yr. old daughter--so I guess do to me ffeeding, cleaning tank and taking care of him he's mine. His name is Angel, named by my daughter Rachelle---he's clear (creamish) with red splotches almost like blood drops on his fins, quite unusual and pretty. He's currently residing in an unfiltered 5 gallon acrylic tank with 2 large silk plants and a large lighthouse ornament to play in and swim through. When I moved from Illinois to Pennsylvania I had to take all my females back to petsmart and then start all over again when I got here. I will probably put either sand or small pea gravel in the tank shortly but it's so much easier to clean the tank without all the hastle of having to worry about cleaning out rock also + he doesn't seem to mind. I feed him Hikari Betta pellets every day or almost every day, he gets usually 2 in the morning and 2 at night after I get home, every 2 to 3 days he gets 2 to 3 freeze dried bloodworms as a treat and then every so often he gets a flake or 2 of the betta flakes. I've always heard that bettas don't seem to like flake food, I guess my bettas have been odd, I've had aprox. 11-12 bettas over the last 3 yrs. and all of them have seemed to like flake food. I will be getting some frozen foods shortly as a supplement but at the time we are a little short on finances so it'll have to wait + he has plenty of food for a few months. Also he gets his water changed at least once every 8 days or more often, and usually tries to be fed a pea or some pea a week and has at least a 24 hr. period during the week of not being fed. The water stays a constant 80 degrees with no change except during water changes, I'd like to eventually move him into a cycled 5 gallon with maybe some pygmy cory's or some other company but he seems to be just as happy by himself swimming around without a care in the world. I guess this is an odd post but I just wanted to introduce my fish and the care that I give, I'm sure it may not matter that much but I always believe whether you have a dog, cat, bird or fish then you need to do all you can to give them the best life that can possibly be offered to them, or otherwise keep them in the store and let someone else give them a good home. I personally think that a persons character can be seen in the way they care not only for their family but for the creatures and pets they have, cruelty has no place in my home and I do find cruelty to animals and people alike horrible. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG   Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72   For being you - Nick_Pavlovski   Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985   Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985   

0 Not allowed!
    Thats nice to hear about other peoples fish and the routine they have :) I love talking about my betta, puffin also :) Angel sounds like he is well taken care of. I feed Puffin a combo of 2-3 hikari betta biogold pellets in the morning and at night a tiny bit of flakes. With an occassional snack of a brine shrimp. Puffin is not picky about the flakes...its called Betta-min Medley.
    I have him in a filtered & heated 2.5 gallon mini bow, which is also at a constant 80. If you look in my gallery in my signature there are some pics of him and his tank in there. He loves his coconut hut, I must say.

It was nice to "meet" your betta and to hear about you! Hope you stick around the forum! :)

Ps. I'm originally from Pennsylvania, how do you like it?
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Mothers Day! - Drumachine09   Here's a little something for standing up and doing what you think is right! - RobbieG   Congrats On Your New Addition! :) - MeganL3985   for stuff! - Nick_Pavlovski   TOTM 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SkarloeysMom   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice to meet you and your betta. Sounds like he's living the good life. Maybe you could post a picture if you have time. I'd love to see a cream colored betta.

I've to got two male bettas (see signature). Their both in MiniBows too. I think I'll go get them some treats like you mentioned. They would probably appreciate some more variety.
    My tank:
    20g long - 8 Trigonostigma heteromorpha, 2 Corydoras brevirostris, 2 Corydoras agassizii, 1 Corydoras trilineatus named Julian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You really need a fish in your AC tank! - Northernguy   For your wife. - little hawaii   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the warm welcome, I live in Bloomsburg Pa. which is a pretty nice and peaceful town except I'm sure for this next week which will be fair week. I wasn't aware that a little small town like this makes such a racket this time of year. Bloomsburg is a heck of alot prettier than the St. Louis area at least I get to see some Mountains, never thought I'd move over here always thought I'd move where the real Mt's are in Montana, Idaho or near Washington State---worked around the area back in the early 2000's as a travel radiology technician and loved it, got to see most of the major state parks.
    Hoping to eventually get a picture or two of Angel on the net---a co-worker gave me her 1.5 Meg. digital camera so maybe soon I'll be getting some of him. It's funny when my daughter named him she asked me what I would name him and I said Aslan which is from the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, I like that Aslan was a symbol of Christ in the movie. I think this weekend I need to put some more decor in his tank it's a little empty and I'm sure a few more hiddy holes probably wounldn't bother him. I have some rocks that I bought at Home-depot that I siliconed together a few years ago into rock caves that I might put into the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG   Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72   For being you - Nick_Pavlovski   Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985   Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985   

0 Not allowed!
    I think there are two Bloomsburgs in PA. One in Columbia county and Berks county (East of Fredericksburg). I think I have been near the one in Columbia county. That is one thing I definitely miss though, the mountains. Love the feel of it.

Oh and I love The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe......such great books and movie. :)
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganL3985
    I think there are two Bloomsburgs in PA. One in Columbia county and Berks county (East of Fredericksburg). I think I have been near the one in Columbia county. That is one thing I definitely miss though, the mountains. Love the feel of it.

Oh and I love The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe......such great books and movie. :)
    Ya, we live in the one in Columbia county off of Hwy 80 near Berwick Pa. The Sasquehanna River flows right through town, and yes it is very pretty plenty of mountains, can't drive out of town without seeing them everywhere.