· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Two coral questions

0 Not allowed!
    Hi! As you may know, I recently lost my entire tank to a domino rally crash, and I'm just setting it back up. I have a couple of coral frags in the tank, both of which are doing well, but there's a couple of things I'd like to know.
    The first frag is a palythoas frag, about 3" at the base, with the largest heads being slightly over 1/2" across. It's spreading onto the other rocks now, which is nice. Now, I know these are poisonous and should never be touched with bare skin, although I've seen my rhino blenny sit on them with no problems. My question is, how far away from them should other corals be?
    The second frag is a pair of greenish-red mushrooms on a small rock. They take on a purple tint when closed up. They're about 2" across, each, and one has what looks like a smaller coral growing from a spot near the middle of the disk. They have slightly jaggedy edges. My question is, could these be elephant ear mushrooms? I've heard that EEMs can eat small fish.... And a 1" pygmy goby definitely qualifies!
    Yes, I know that a rhino blenny with a pygmy goby may not be the best idea, but it's a fat, speedy little blighter of a goby, and the rhino shows no interest in him.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    29 sw: Damsel, shrimpgoby, pistol shrimp, waspfish
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas
    29 fw: Chili rasboras, pygmy cories, P. Gertrudae

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    1. palythoas are very peaceful and i have a section of mine growing around mushrooms touch each other among zoanthids as well no problems what so ever. they are only posin is inside of them when you frag.
    2. post a pic to help better identify them
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What the heck is a dominoe rally crash?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Smaug, I meant the kind of thing where one problem sort of triggers another, and so on, like dominoes.
    Hpimichael02, I'd like to post a pic but for some reason I just can't seem to get it to work... It may be something to do with the fact that I'm on an Ipad, but I can't get photos onto here.
    I hate hearing people say "it's only a $3/$5/$1 fish/shrimp, so it's ok if it dies, I can just get another." It's still an animal! All animals should be treated like they're worth $10,000.
    65 fw: Rummies, glowlight tetras, pencilfish, darters, ottos, f betta, goby, dwarf gourami, ninjas

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    you will have to add the Photobucket or some kind of image posting app on the Idevices and then post an IMG tag...

what that could be is the mushrooms growing a new mushroom. this slowly happens when the baby mushroom splits from the base of one of the bigger ones and stay attached till it moves far enough enough to open up and start feeding by itself.
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, good to know....

The teeny muchroom-thing is almost in the middle of the disc, so I don't think that's what it is. Does anyone know the best way to tell EEMs from other mushrooms?