· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Powder Blue Tang- start of ich

0 Not allowed!
    hey guys,

i went to my LFS and saw they had a PBT- which is rare because they only speacial order them, the manager that works there is a buddy of mine, and i snagged him for $25 because he was a mis-order freebie for them.

i got him home throw him in my 55G tank which is a QT now because he appears to have the starting stages of ich. he is the only fish in there and will be dosing copper tonight,

how ever could this be why is is not eating 100%?

he is very active swimming and eating things of the glass and rocks, he did pick at some flake food i tossed in there and then picked at some rods food, and also nipped at the green algae strip on the clip. darn picky eaters...
    10G Algae tank-The Nano was moved to the 55G
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    He is likely not used to eating prepared foods. I do believe almost all tangs are wild caught.

Try a little mysis

Also, if your using copper meds, you can not use that live rock in a tank with coral or most all inverts. The rock will soak up a lot of copper and leach it back into the water over time. Even trace amounts will kill off corals and inverts

I've got a few ps of rock that I use in my QT tank, but they will never see any display tank. I will just likely toss them out when I take down my QT tank again just to make sure I don't mistakenly add them to a tank.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    cliff,

i dont plan on using it again, as it was bought as rubble rock for $1 per pound and i have 25lbs, and 3lbs live so not a big deal, i would take some out just dont want to disturb him any more than i have to.

also if i keep some rock the rock in there will it be harder to keep the copper levels stable?
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe a little at first. For me it was hard to tell as I had evaporate to deal with as well.

I would suggest getting a copper test kit so you will know for sure
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    im picking up the test kit tonight as my other one i bought never used is expired.

thanks cliff, ill post soem updates in the comming days/weeks
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Already after a few days of copper the white spots are almost none- caught it early I guess. He is still not eating like a pig yet, I think he is eating things that hit the floor, I have 3 small rocks with a rubber band and some red dried seaweed- he is picking at each one here and there
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock

0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad to hear your getting progress so soon into the treatment. I know my tang took a while before eating like a normal fish should. These guys can also be "grazers" picking at food here and there all day long. That can add up to a lot of food without you even seeing or realizing it.

Keep up with the meds for the treatment time listed on the bottle and you should be fine

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea I have algae set up in different places to encourage that natural grazing effect- trying to make it a easy transition for the fish-

Treatment will last till end of September- not gonna take any chances :)
    55G Reef-
    55G FOWLR-soon
    55G Coral only-soon
    150G-reef/ fowlr? Soon
    75G predator tanksoon

DIY live rock