Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
  ...

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andreahp
    You could try that - you really just need enough ammonia to feed the bacteria already present - hopefully you will see nitrites fall to 0 soon!
    again. appreciate it. i'll dose to 1 today
    thanks
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Question Stalled. should I consider a W/C at this point?


    0 Not allowed!
    Hi again
    I'm concerned that at 3 weeks I'm stalled on my cycle
    Recapping so you don't have to read back through all posts:
    Started fishless cycle 8-26 and have followed sticky instructions to the letter.

    First trites showed up 9-3 & spiked to 5 on 9-5.
    A dropped to 0 on 9-7 so that's when started 1/2 dosing back to 2 each morning.

    Trites stayed at 5 for a couple of days then started dropping incrementally until they hit .5 on 9-11 - where they've stayed until today and today they actually went back up to 1.

    Yesterday, because I seemed to be stalled, dropped A dose back to 1, hoping it might crack the stall. But as you can see, trites actually took a little bounce back up.

    BTW: Trates bouncing around between 20 and 80. I know I have not over dosed the ammonia.

    So - any suggestions? Should I dose back to 2 today? Or only dose to 1? Not dose at all? Or should I maybe do W/C? and if so, how much?

    Really appreciate the help.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    6,626

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   for providing sage tips to  and keeping up with -- so many - RiversGirl   Have a Angelfish for the advice on Dan's Journal, I can't rep you anymore yet :) - steeler58   You really need some discus :o) - fishmommie   A quick ninja penguin for you. - mommy1   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - KevinVA   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - KevinVA   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - KevinVA   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie
    Hi again
    I'm concerned that at 3 weeks I'm stalled on my cycle
    Recapping so you don't have to read back through all posts:
    Started fishless cycle 8-26 and have followed sticky instructions to the letter.

    First trites showed up 9-3 & spiked to 5 on 9-5.
    A dropped to 0 on 9-7 so that's when started 1/2 dosing back to 2 each morning.

    Trites stayed at 5 for a couple of days then started dropping incrementally until they hit .5 on 9-11 - where they've stayed until today and today they actually went back up to 1.

    Yesterday, because I seemed to be stalled, dropped A dose back to 1, hoping it might crack the stall. But as you can see, trites actually took a little bounce back up.

    BTW: Trates bouncing around between 20 and 80. I know I have not over dosed the ammonia.

    So - any suggestions? Should I dose back to 2 today? Or only dose to 1? Not dose at all? Or should I maybe do W/C? and if so, how much?

    Really appreciate the help.
    If your goal is to keep your Ammonia at 1ppm until the tank is cycled, then continue to dose only 1ppm. I had dealt with the same or similar situation, when I was cycling my 75gal. The readings bounced around a bit between the Trites and Trates, then Trites read at 5ppm for at least a week or two, until they began to subside again, with an increase in Trates. When your trates are ready, they'll probably read above 80. Mine didn't read above 80 until the cycle was actually complete. You'll know when it's up. Just be patient... or try to be. Lord knows I'm not. ;P
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

    When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

    Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    If your goal is to keep your Ammonia at 1ppm until the tank is cycled, then continue to dose only 1ppm. I had dealt with the same or similar situation, when I was cycling my 75gal. The readings bounced around a bit between the Trites and Trates, then Trites read at 5ppm for at least a week or two, until they began to subside again, with an increase in Trates. When your trates are ready, they'll probably read above 80. Mine didn't read above 80 until the cycle was actually complete. You'll know when it's up. Just be patient... or try to be. Lord knows I'm not. ;P
    LOL. I promised myself I'd be patient this time - but it's not working. At Lady Hobbs' advice I did a big W/C to see if it would rattle something loose then dosed back to 1 - just as you suggested. We shall see what this coming week brings - of course, the hope is for 0's in the Ammonia and Trites dept.
    Thanks!
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Default Yippee Skippy!! - It's Cycled


    0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all who helped - especially Hobbs - . My 90 is cycled and FISH ARE IN!!! After being a bit stalled, LH suggested a big W/C to shake something loose. So I did that yesterday and this morning: Tada A = 0, Trites = 0, Trates = 80. So I did another huge W/C, got the trates down to 10 and went shopping - it's exactly 3 weeks from the start of my fishless cycle.

    Have been saving for this tank stock for a long time. Brought home 2 blood parrots (I think I'll be getting another), 1 gold severum, 1 marble angel (blue and silver and white), 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey (he's on trial and if he gets aggressive, he's gone) but splurged on an Emperor Plec - L240. He is gorgeous.

    I would post photos but I have seen hide nor hair of them since I drip acclimated them and put them in the tank LOL. Hopefully, they'll get over being shy soon and come out of their corners and caves and plant leaves and drift wood and I'll snap some shots. I may have given them too many places to hide :o)

    anyway, thanks again!
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    6,626

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   for providing sage tips to  and keeping up with -- so many - RiversGirl   Have a Angelfish for the advice on Dan's Journal, I can't rep you anymore yet :) - steeler58   You really need some discus :o) - fishmommie   A quick ninja penguin for you. - mommy1   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - KevinVA   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - KevinVA   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - KevinVA   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie
    Thanks for all who helped - especially Hobbs - . My 90 is cycled and FISH ARE IN!!! After being a bit stalled, LH suggested a big W/C to shake something loose. So I did that yesterday and this morning: Tada A = 0, Trites = 0, Trates = 80. So I did another huge W/C, got the trates down to 10 and went shopping - it's exactly 3 weeks from the start of my fishless cycle.

    Have been saving for this tank stock for a long time. Brought home 2 blood parrots (I think I'll be getting another), 1 gold severum, 1 marble angel (blue and silver and white), 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey (he's on trial and if he gets aggressive, he's gone) but splurged on an Emperor Plec - L240. He is gorgeous.

    I would post photos but I have seen hide nor hair of them since I drip acclimated them and put them in the tank LOL. Hopefully, they'll get over being shy soon and come out of their corners and caves and plant leaves and drift wood and I'll snap some shots. I may have given them too many places to hide :o)

    anyway, thanks again!
    Congrats! Glad to see things worked out. That was quick. =] I think the next time I hit a stall moment, I'm going to try a large water change, because I've noticed this has helped move things around for several people on here.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

    When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

    Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,270

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    Congrats! Glad to see things worked out. That was quick. =] I think the next time I hit a stall moment, I'm going to try a large water change, because I've noticed this has helped move things around for several people on here.
    It sure did the trick for me! Now if they will just come out of hiding we'll all be happy
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •