· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Need ID !

Hybrid View

1. Default Need ID !

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure what I bought but I went to my LFS "Petsmart" and purchased what was labeled as asst. African Cichlids . I have searched the gallery and IDed one as an Auratus . The others I can't find yet but 2 of them I'm assuming are a male and a female because of the "eggspots" on one of their fins. These two are a very bright goldish color , no stripes or other markings. other than the spots ( on one of thems anal fin ) . The last of the four is a darker almost gray or black with vertical stripes . I will try to get the pics up as soon as I can and I hope these desriptions are enough to get some kind of maybe ID . If you all need more let me know .Please Help .
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

0 Not allowed!
    Really need those pics, to have a decent shot at IDing them. What are you putting them in with? If you're adding them to an African tank, I would take the Auratus back, unless the tank is full of REALLY aggressive species. Auratus are nasty pieces of work.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They are the only ones in it and its a 55 gallon . 4ft. long standard tank . I wish I had kept a journal to record progress but I didn't . My girlfriend is going to help me post the pics so they should be up soon .

0 Not allowed!
    Just be prepared to think about making some changes, after we get to have look at the pics. A 55g is the absolute smallest tank that I would keep Africans in, and you will be very restricted on the amount that you can have, and what species you can have. Yellow Labs, Acies, or look to the Dwarf species of cichlids. I would definitely start by taking the Auratus back though. They're far too aggressive for a 55g tank.
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Heres a picture of the African I need IDed , hope it comes out good enough .
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im putting up more now that I can thank you ecomosa ,
    Attached Images Attached Images