· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady 
    Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtcichlid
    i did do some reasearch but i couldnt really find anything that was reasonable
    Can't find anything that is reasonable or can't find what you want the hear? The fact is, a 20 gallon is not suitable for a GT long term. He is tiny now, but he will start to grow and will need a much bigger tank. If you can't get it a bigger tank, then rehome it and find fish that are suitable for a 20 gallon. It's not what you want to hear, but it is reasonable advice.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gtcichlid
    well the petco that i went to said they only get to about 8 inches and im gonna keep mine as heathly as possible so it stays leaner so...
    What do you do to determine when to do maintenance?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    by the way thanks for all ur help so far. ive never done a forum, but anyway i bred guppies and im pretty responsible about breeding. what kind of fish do u have

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    and by the way im going to get a bigger tank so..... i just need help figuring out what sex it is thats all

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    1.5" is way too small to sex, you'll have to wait for 3-4" to be able to see any differences in male or female.

You'll find a world of difference when breeding cichlids (except for convicts....anyone can breed a convict, just add water.)

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Take it back to the shop and when you get a suitable tank you can get a group and wait for them to grow and pair off.
    This is how you get a pair anyway as mentioned and you cannot have two 8" [your researched size] fish in a 20g anyway.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady 
    Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl 
    Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz 
    Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Once they reach around 4 inches you will be able to tell the male from the female because he will have brighter colors than the female and start to grow a nuchal hump.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    actually i might just give it back to the store thanks for all the help and yeah i need a smaller fish