· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me stock.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliaaahx
    Yes, bloodfins are nice, I especially like the Glass Bloodfins. I find that the Pork Chops don't stand out as much -- I've had both before and prefer the harlequins. Although the Pork Chops were more active. I prefered the slower, more peaceful drifting of the harleys.
    Have you tried the third spieces the Glowlight or Slender Rasbora? I have 11 in my 75 gal. They are much more shy than the other two but will school with the harleys, this may be because they are much smaller almost mico-bora size.
    I still like them not as much as the other two.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not actually sure. There are 3 commonly mistaken "Harleys". The true Harlequin, and then T. Espei and T. Hengeli.
    I got given the Hengeli ones by accident when I order Harleys, not sure what the common name is. I ended up making a fuss and getting the shop to replace them.

True Harlequin: http://www.seamatetrading.com/images...1230571449.jpg
    Hengeli: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...127033-800.jpg
    Espei: http://www.amazonios.gr/imagemagic.p...page=prod_info
    Last edited by Amelia; 08-26-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ameliaaahx
    I'm not actually sure. There are 3 commonly mistaken "Harleys". The true Harlequin, and then T. Espei and T. Hengeli.
    I got given the Hengeli ones by accident when I order Harleys, not sure what the common name is. I ended up making a fuss and getting the shop to replace them.

True Harlequin: http://www.seamatetrading.com/images...1230571449.jpg
    Hengeli: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...127033-800.jpg
    Espei: http://www.amazonios.gr/imagemagic.p...page=prod_info
    I was refering to the Espei.

Like you I ordered Harleys from Foster and Smith and got 2 Hengeli's which I recieved credit for. I became attached to them more than I thought so the next time the LFS store recieved some (they still think they were Harleys) I bought a half dozen.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1
    I was refering to the Espei.

Like you I ordered Harleys from Foster and Smith and got 2 Hengeli's which I recieved credit for. I became attached to them more than I thought so the next time the LFS store recieved some (they still think they were Harleys) I bought a half dozen.
    Reverse what I just posted not thinking straight

0 Not allowed!
    xD well at least someone liked them. They hid all the time in my tank, even though there were 12 of them. Have proper harleys now and I love the way they just float back and forth in a loose school.

Ridiculous how so many people can't tell them apart -- they're clearly different! Not even the same shape!

0 Not allowed!
    Harlequin rasbora. I would not put over three species in the tank myself.

Glowlight Rasbora and Lambchop Rasbora are both sold as False harlequin rasbora. It is possible to tell the species apart if you look closely. The Harlequin rasbora is higher (stalkier) than the other two species. It has a pink to bright red colour. The black spot is located close to the triangle on the back of the body and the spot as a blue hue to it. The Harlequin rasbora also has a larger triangle then the other two species. The Lambchop rasbora has a bronze pink colour. The Glowlight rasbora is butter coloured and has a faint orange line above its black spot. This line is not present in the Lambchop rasbora.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/barbs/lambchop-rasbora.php

I can see the confusion with these fish especially when they are not in a tank side by side.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The harlequin rasbora has a very distinct body shape from other rasboras hence the name T. heteromorpha which literally translates to "different shape."

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I could tell as soon as I got them they weren't the real-deal. They're both smaller that harleys too.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like my lfs store doesn't have killifish so I have to change my plan. What would be a good addition to these?

12x Cardinal Tetra

6x Spotted Cory Catfish

4x Bolivian Rams
    Last edited by tate8; 09-02-2012 at 05:02 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    There's a number of things that could work. Why don't you go to your LFS and have a look at what they have, then write down some you like and come back here and do the research.

Or you could just increase the numbers of what you already have.

... I'd suggest Harlequin Rasbora.