· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! What a journey. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been met with challenges along the way in fishkeeping. Seems like once one problem is fixed, you're introduced to an entirely different problem. haha

At least the hobby is entertaining and I enjoy the challenge. It appears that you do, too. ;]

The tank, prior to algae breakout looks fantastic. I hope you keep with it and update us soon. It might be a trying journey, but it's rewarding when things do go well.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This tank was awesome....seriously awesome...I'm so jealous.

10 gal - 2 algae eating shrimp, 4 cherry shrimp, 1 nerite snail, 2 blueberry shrimp, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 2 pc driftwood and planted
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow i didnt realize i had followers. Sorry for the very long lack of updates guys! Now that i have my new AC30 algae hasnt dared show its face in over a month! Plants are doing amazing. The hairgrass didnt survive the algae outbreak and i am trying super hard to regrow it in my main tank in a little breeder box under the lights. The only algae i do have left i actually like, and Reaper would kill me if i removed it. It looks like the natural moss covering of Red Rock Mountian, and its his bed:

So pretty that the algae stays right there.

As you can see my cabomba is just resting everywhere. Keep working all day and dont like to plant at night because the room isnt bright and hood is too small for my tubby arm to fit thru unless i take it off, therefore removing my light from work area. The water wisteria is really coming back very good, the java moss is no longer an algae clump, and the rotala is starting to look beautiful again like when i first got it long long ago. :)

Im now adding 3 more nerite snails to this tank, bringing my total to 6. Why? Because this room is all windows, which is why i always fight algae in my little tank in the corner. I will have two little horned nerites i just bought the two tigers ive always had, the one zebra i have, and new zebra friend for him. Here are new snails that will be going in tank:

Size comparison. And the horns are more visible in this pic on the tricolor.

Patterns.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    After the death of two AC30's (and an AC50 on my other tank), I gave up on Aquaclear. They used to be a wonderful brand, I don't know what happened. I now have an Aqueon Quiet Flow 30. Works great. I use a mesh bag over my intake tube to prevent plant debris and sand from getting in filter. All those filter deaths caused snails to die and others were eaten because Reaper suddenly decided that snails were tasty. The frogs were moved to an outside tank to breed, but instead of breeding they all died, same time, within 6 hours, no previous symptoms, while i was at work. I was devastated. Haven't found any more albino frogs yet, and don't plan on replacing any until i do.

I bought a new betta on an impulse buy. Named him Soulless and kept him in my 75gal. Allowed him and Reaper to play in 75 for a little (supervised). They were friendly because I am awesome at picking bettas. Couldn't catch Reaper after playtime so i left him in there and put Soulless in this tank with the cories (that's all that remained by then). Reaper continued to be lazy and fat and eat nothing but unhealthy shrimp pellets. I bought a female because my grandma begged me too. Reaper can barely swim and is nice to everything, so i figured they would definitely be fine. I was right, they even shared bloodworms in the last few weeks of his life. He died about 2 weeks ago.

I removed most of the cories from the betta tank about 3 weeks ago and added them to the 75, because i finally had my stock room for them. So now the betta tank had just Soulless and the deformed cory named Squiggles. I had to relocate the tank, so I did a very large water change scrubbed the sides to fix my horrible algae problem, pruned all my overgrown plants, reattached my java moss to my driftwood, and cleaned the removable ornaments. Squiggles seemed happy with new cleaner tank, Soulless didnt seem to care. This past Tuesday night Soulless suddenly bloated up. He was dead by Wednesday morning. Squiggles was fine. Water was fine. I don't know what happened.

Friday I bought a new betta. His name is Skye. He didnt like background. I changed it, this is where I am at now:

1006020_529927590396257_965345006_n.jpg
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything