· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!

I guess next step is some gravel vacuuming to get rid of majority of the dust now that it settled. But i can finally see into my tank now! Yay!
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

2. Default

0 Not allowed!

I vacuumed the gravel and kicked all the dust back up. :'( Then i got it to mostly go away and started to plant, and now its pretty cloudy again. Half done! Purple cabomba, contortion vals, and red wendtii are all planted nicely now. I like planting in sand. So much easier than gravel!
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!

Done scaping! Looks totally awesome. I injured my water wisteria a bit when killing all the snails as you might be able to tell, but IME nothing can keep that plant down, so im sure it will be good as new by the end of the month. Now i just have to wait for this last bit of cloudiness to go away and ill be good to move Reaper and his friends the cories and frogs into their wonderful new home! :D
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not posting any pictures of cleared up and fished tank yet, as ive gotten no interest anyway and i want to enter it. And i want to give my plants some time to recover from their ordeal before showing final pic.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think you've done a fantastic job so far! I would never have the patience to revamp my tank. Can't wait to see the end product!
    10 Gallon
    Two bloodfin tetras "The Bernadettes"
    Two glowlight tetras "Marigold and Marmalade"
    Otto cat" Fitzy"
    Two platys" Fresca and Tang"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea my plants are a bit sad, so maybe i will post the finished for now pic. The purple cabomba and the water wisteria both are a little wilted, and the red wendtii is a little iffy too. Might end up having to go buy all new plants, i guess ill know by the weekend. I hope they recover. New ones ill just have to de-snail again and if i do it wrong again ill mess up plants again.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

7. Default

0 Not allowed!

Reaper loves to go in and out of Red Rock Mountain through the gap under the castle, because hes the only one that notices it there. Cories and frogs use the entrances on ground level. Cories and frogs think its funny to kick all the sand up and cover the river with it. The plants have seen much better days. But the scaping is complete, and this is how it shall stay! :D
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, the wisteria and the cabomba are definitely dead. And i had to pick off most of the leaves of the crypts. :( Caused a huge ammonia spike, but i added in the whole biomedia from one of my filters on the 75gal, and scooped out as much of the dead plant matter as i could and did a 50% water change and its under control again now. Buying new plants tomorrow, should be able to put them in by sunday night after alum treatment. :)
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Bought the new plants. Didnt buy more wisteria, because its growing new leaves already, so i can see its gonna make it. :) Bought a billion new crypts disguised as two which is all i paid for. Bought new cabomba, and some java moss because i ripped mine all off of driftwood in anger at the snails, as you could tell from lack of moss in previous pics. Treated all of new plants with 6T of alum in 2 gallons of water for 3 hours. Watched a few snails shrivel up in shells, interesting, and saw all sorts of creepy creepy things come out of java moss and seemingly sizzle. Havent seen any unwanted snails now for whole time. :)

Yesterday i had to go buy more API Plant Zone, because thats what i use for my plants. I was in the area of a Petsmart, so i went there to get it. Saw very healthy looking hairgrass in those little baggies that promise to be snail and pest and disease free... I wanted it. Put it on windowsill in its baggie so it got sufficient light, because from how tiny this is its gonna take all day to plant... Planting tomorrow after church. Its going along the edges of the river to help prevent the sand that keeps getting pushed over river from happening. I figure if the cories have to go through the grass to get to the river they will lose all of the sand they are dragging in the grass and not throw it all over river. Smart idea, si?

EDIT:
    Also i forgot! After the water changes of whole house yesterday (X_X) i decided that Phantom looked very lonely in his little 2.5gal and decided to let him see the new tank as a last wish kind of thing. Switched him and Reaper for a few hours. He seemed to enjoy himself. :D I hate watching him slowly wither away just sitting on his thermometer all day and all night waiting to die. :(
    Last edited by ekfishlover2011; 09-30-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! That's very creative. I would never think of doing something like that. I mean, I don't think I could come up with that on my own. Very neat!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora