· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

Default new angel flotting at the surface... help

0 Not allowed!
    One of my new angels dont seem to be doing so well. Yesterday I noticed he wasnt eating at all and was swimming around almost in slow motion. This morning I noticed he almost looked like he was gasping for air but still under water. Fins and gills going like crazy but his body wasnt moving that much. Like trying to run your fastest on a tredmill... moving fast but not going anywhere. By noon he was at the top and on his side. still beathing heavy and fis fins going like mad.

Water is perfect and at 78*. I have an airstone and a spnge filter going so I dont think its an oxygen issue. I dont see anything weird on him. No fuzz or wsorms that I can see. Though I did notice a thin red line in his tailfin starting at his body to the tip of the fin. Was thinking swimm bladder but not to sure. I've never had to deal with that one before.

He's having a seriously hard time now and cant drop down at all.
    Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

0 Not allowed!
    Also... he is in a QT tank with one other angel and she's doing just fine. I did put him in a breeder catch. He had pooped since putting in there and it looks normal as well.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

0 Not allowed!
    The only thing I can say is that whenever I have seen a fish that far gone, it did not live for much longer. I would consider euthanizing it if it is suffering.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking the same thing King. Just wanted to see if there was something I could do him first. But unfortunately he didnt make it. What ever it was it worked pretty fast. Only had these guys for a few days.
    On the plus side though, I brought him back to the LFS I got him at and they replaced him for me. They're a great store and take great care of the regulars. So now I have 2 QT tanks going... want to keep an eye on the second angel of the pair just in case and one for the new angel. Didnt want to put him in the same QT just in case there is something seriously wrong.
    Running out of tank set ups...
    Angel breeder wanna-be

5. Default Qt?

0 Not allowed!
    I may sound dumb, but whats a QT tank?

1/2 Gal. Vase Veil Tail Betta (Ty) -- My little sister's
    1 Gal. Vase Veil Tail Betta (Felix)
    10 Gal. Fancy Guppies, 11 Ghost Shrimp, 1 Oto Cat
    15 Gal. 1 Grey Marble Angel, 5 Peppered Corys, 3 HY511 Tetras, 2 Oto Cats
    40 Gal. 2 Gold Pearl-scale Angels, 3 Sparkling Gouramis, 2 C120 Corys, 2 Peppered Corys, 1 Axel Rodi Cory, 5 Oto Cats

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaster
    One of my new angels dont seem to be doing so well. Yesterday I noticed he wasnt eating at all and was swimming around almost in slow motion. This morning I noticed he almost looked like he was gasping for air but still under water. Fins and gills going like crazy but his body wasnt moving that much. Like trying to run your fastest on a tredmill... moving fast but not going anywhere. By noon he was at the top and on his side. still beathing heavy and fis fins going like mad.

Water is perfect and at 78*. I have an airstone and a spnge filter going so I dont think its an oxygen issue. I dont see anything weird on him. No fuzz or wsorms that I can see. Though I did notice a thin red line in his tailfin starting at his body to the tip of the fin. Was thinking swimm bladder but not to sure. I've never had to deal with that one before.

He's having a seriously hard time now and cant drop down at all.
    Any thoughts? Thanks!
    sounds like it might be Nitrite poisoning, what are the readings on your tank water?

Awards Showcase

for your advice and support! - gourami*girl Dude, Thanks from those of us that can only send help. - 850R Have a cool one after helping those around you - Cliff You will probably need a few more of these before you are done - mommy1 Thanks for helping get peoples lives back to normal - mommy1 
    and one more - mommy1 Have another - KingFisher and one more because we all appreciate what you are doing. - mommy1 Looks like your down a qt - Cliff Yeah, because you still need more appreciation. - mommy1 
    It HAS to be time for a burger, There might be more beers on the way :-D - 850R Your effort in NYC is appreciated! - Cory Catfish We all appreciate what you are doing! Thank you! - Cory Catfish thank for being you - Lady Hobbs more - Lady Hobbs 
    For all your hard work - sailor to bolster your spirits - fishmommie Well deserved - Aeonflame Have another on me - Aeonflame Cheers! For all your hard work! - Trillianne 
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - C-Dub Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - C-Dub Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - C-Dub Autism - C-Dub Childhood Cancer - C-Dub 

0 Not allowed!
    Check the dates Dave this thread is from August. lol
    55 Gal- Fluval 305 & Aqua Clear 70;
    2 Gold Veil Angels, 1 GBR, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and 11 pesky Zebra Danio's.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Uh....to late for an autopsy?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Ya a little late for that... lol
    the water was good though and the numbers were where the should be. One of those things that I'll just never know.
    On the up side, the two are doing great and have paired up! They've spawned a few times but are still working on their parenting skills. Hope to have a ton pretty soon.
    Angel breeder wanna-be