· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Strange vein showing is my ADF ok

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all,
    Ive have a 55litre tropical aquarium, im getting 0 on ammonia tests and PH level is 7.8 the tank is a heavily planted aquarium and has been running for a month, ive had the frog about 2weeks. The temp is 26-28 at the moment because its summer here.

All i have is 1 assassin snail and 1 ADF for now the ADF has been fine and seems to be eating ok, however i've noticed he has just shed and i've spotted this strange red vein in his leg which i've not seen before. is he ok? See attached pics any help or advice for treatments would be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Did you notice it when he wasnt squished? My frogs all have that vein, and it seems to vary in how pronouced it is. If it was only noticed like in the pic when frog was squished it might have been because of the way he was pressing leg against the glass. Or the way the light hit leg when body was all in the dark.

Point is, its okay, they have the vein that goes down belly, and also through each of the back legs.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes its even there when he's not behind the temp gauge, its just strange as i've always noticed how pale and white he looks underneath. however he is getting bigger now so could that just be the cause? it just seemed strange that its only on one leg and i've never seen it before today.

Also do you think he's squished there? i've often been worried about him going near the temp gauge but i figured if he can get in and out it cant be a problem...?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yea it might have just shifted as he grew and became more visible too. I wouldnt worry about it as long as he seems healthy and his leg is working fine. It doesnt look inflamed or anything. And dont worry about the pale belly either, they all have that. Idk what is with it, but they do seem to like squishing themselves. But as you said, if they can get in they can get out. Ive never seen any of mine get in that bad that they couldnt get back out.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ah ok great thanks for the peace of mind :)