· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Different Plecos

0 Not allowed!
    Eventually I'm going to be setting up another aquarium (probably an empty 29 I have laying around) with an Aquaclear 70 and 10 gallon custom sump setup I got from a friend, and I was wondering what kind of plecos would be good in a setup like that. It will be heavily planted and have a good amount of Malaysian Driftwood.

I know Clowns, Bristlenose, Rubberlips, and maybe Candystripes would according to my own understanding work, and I'm leaning toward a Candystripe if I could ever find one, but I hear that a lot of these can be aggressive. Anyone's personal experiences or recommendations are appreciated.
    Last edited by Dtitus1; 09-24-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I have several Clowns, very peaceful pleco, I also used to have an L262, once again ideal community fish
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    The rubbernose/ rubberlip I wouldn't really call aggressive. They are the boss of their personal space, but not really a bully. (meaning they will chase off someone eating "their peas" but not pursue to the ends of the earth) HOWEVER that is with one, and my understanding is that two together can be a bit more of an issue.

Awards Showcase

Sweets for all my Sweets this Holiday! :) - Trillianne Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs 
    For itís medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame 
    Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue 
    Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    I agree, I have one rubbernose along with two adult bristlenose and about 50 of their fry in my 75 gallon and he is the king of his rocks and will chase the adult BN away but he never bothers the fry.
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats good to know my main concern would be them being mean towards corys over feeding rights.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think you'll have issues with the corys. I don't with my royal which on average is more territorial than other plecos.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I still think you would do fine. I have a gold nugget and kuhli loaches in with mine and they all eat well. He might claim a piece of food (wafers/ couple inches of pea space) but not all the food in the tank. So you can easily drop something for him in one spot and something for your others in another spot.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool I appreciate all your inputs alot. I got one more question though, anyone have problems with clowns or bristlenose uprooting plants?

0 Not allowed!
    It's a non-issue with BNplecs but I can't speak for clowns.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    My BN demolished all of my anubias... I have no idea why but he left all the other ones alone lol.

I was so mad at him.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal