· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default oscar in trouble

0 Not allowed!
    my Oscar has had HITH and was treated, several times in the last 6 months, all of the lisions are cleared up on both oscars, except the large one in the center of the head but it looks better, July fourth weekend i moved them both to a 150, my red Oscar was cool for the first month and then stopped eating,for the last week has been on the bottom not moving, today she started tilting, she is very week and dosn.t really make eye contact. I moved her to my 75 gallon the tank she was in, and she is just laying in the net. what can i do. salt bath, leave her alone, medicate, she may only have 24-48 hours, can't load pic, its to large 1.11 MB

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Assuming the water is brand new in the 75g,there is anything you can do but see how she is over the next few days.

How long ago did she last eat?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure there is sufficient aeration also...

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure some of your filter material is seeded and keep a very close eye on water parameters. You may need to do daily WCs to keep things in check. Also what are you feeding the fish?

What is generally thought of as HITH is primarily caused from nutrient deficiency and poor water quality. The addition of Omega 3s and Vitamin C is shown to help improve the condition in combination to diet improvement. Selcon is an excellent food soak for this purpose. Now it is also possible that what your fish has is caused by the Hexamita parasite...to general human observation distinguishing the two is really not accurate as symptoms mimic and is usually a process of elimination. For the sake of the fish I would also treat for Hexamita. Do a combination treatment of PraziPro and Metro+. If the fish is still feeding use the Metro+ as a food soak...it is very effective used internally.

Also if you just recently moved the fish lying on its side is a common Oscar thing known as "sulking".
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon