· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 67 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    I was at my LFS for food and Prime. They had a giant roseline shark for $25. I might have considered getting it but it was sharing a tank with a couple red hook silver dollars that had pretty nasty cases of ich. Maybe if they still have it in a few weeks and the ich has cleared up I might consider it.

The other thing that's been on my mind lately is my oldest, largest clown loach that never comes out with the lights on. I've been pondering ways to get her to come out more often, but I don't know. A while back I was gone for a week and I asked my wife to feed the tank once a day (normally they get fed twice a day: in the morning in darkness and in the evening with the lights on) which she did with the lights on, and by the end of that week the old loach was coming out. So she's willing to venture out when hunger requires it, but otherwise she's content to skip the evening meal and just eat in the mornings. I guess I could stop feeding in the mornings but that seems kind of unfair. That morning feeding is also when the pleco gets most of his intake, I think.

New fish in a couple weeks, probably. Not sure what yet. More silver dollars, since they're my smallest school at the moment? Or start on the congo tetras?
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I think I would try feeding once a day, just to see how it works out...certainly can't hurt to try for a few days...do you ever fast?

I'm dying to own congos one day, so they get my vote.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    do you ever fast?
    well I've been trying to lose some weight, but I've found that if I don't eat at least something...

Oh! You mean the fish. They get done day a week off.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    LOL, yes, the FISH!

I'm not sure about that giant pleco, but I'm betting the rest of your fish would be fine eating only once a day
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great Idea THANK YOU - eltylT   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  See you on the 6th! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

3 Not allowed!
    I agree - try feeding once a day. And start a large school of congos!
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

> - korith   Someone who treats clowns with respect deserves one. - talldutchie   Good luck with your FF teams this season! - Slaphppy7   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA   

0 Not allowed!
    How big are your clowns now? My group of clowns all come out to eat in the am with the lights on? I also typically can see about 4-5 of mine at any time during the day too, and they used to mostly hide on me. I have a group of 11 of them, the smallest is just under 4 inches and the largest ones are between 5 and 6 inches.

Less than a month to go before I order our mega 350 gallon tank.

Excited to see yours doing well.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    very wide range on mine. Probably around 5-6" for the largest down to 2" or less for the smallest. All but the oldest one come out with the lights on. When it's getting close to feeding time they'll all come out at once and swim around near the front glass.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So, after a few days of no morning feedings, the oldest loach (big bertha) came out with the lights on for food. She's taller than the twins (the two largest from the batch of 3 big loaches) but not as long. I've named the twins Big T and Little T, because one of them is slightly bigger.

The interesting thing is that loaches "grey out" sometimes. I've read both that the loser of a squabble does this temporarily and also that the boss of the school stays that way permanently. Which seems a little confusing, but whatever. Anyhow, Big T has been grey for a while now, but when Big Bertha came out she was grey and Big T took on the normal colors. It's almost like Big T was playing at being the boss while Big Bertha was hiding, but now the real boss has returned.

I'll try to get pictures if she comes out again tomorrow.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

1 Not allowed!
    Tank looks awesome Brhino. But why am I picturing a couple Rokeils Severums in there?
    (The fish I always wanted and never had so it seems to me you should have them?)

Page 67 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast