· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Got the sample piece into the betta tank last night. First, the before picture:

That's a black construction paper background... outside the tank, obviously.

Excuse me... wtf are you doing to my tank?

New wall treatments? Oh, okay, just put it over there.

So, this was a bit of a pain because I did all sorts of things that I wouldn't recommend to anyone else. I installed this background in an active tank. Took half the water out since it was water change day, but beyond that I just tried to drop the thing in. The substrate was in the way. So I shoveled all the gravel to the front of the tank and tried again. The background was too tall, so I had to cut it on the fly. Tried a couple things that didn't work, eventually managed to cut it with a large pocket knife. Tried to install it again. Still too big. Cut it down again. Finally it fit. And of course I couldn't silicone it because the tank was full of water. I'm pretty sure the betta found all this intensely irritating. But, when it was all said and done, it looks pretty darn good.

Of course, if I get this for my 300 gallon tank I'll do everything right. I'll install when the tank is empty. I'll fit check it, and then I'll use silicone to hold it down.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    I like the look of the background.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry its been a while since i last checked... I was on holiday for Christmas back in the UK. Just spent the last few mins catching up and i have to say, progress is good! I like that flexible background, looks really neat and it really suits acrylic tanks becuase of access. Acrylic tank manufacturers should market this product on their websites/in-stores becuase im sure people would buy it.
    Tank-wise, all looks cool and it looks really big! Can't wait for more progress!
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

0 Not allowed!
    It looks fantastic, actually. I'm very impressed. It sits in there, flat against the back without being siliconed? Does it try to escape to the surface, like unsinkable driftwood?

I'm trying to imagine how you get it to sit in there... Maybe it's just a snug fit or the substrate is enough to keep it down?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    The material is denser than water, so it doesn't try to lift up and float away or anything. They give you two "clips", which I'm pretty sure are just a short section of black plastic pipe cut on one side.

You attach the clips over the trim of the tank and it holds it in place at the top. That doesn't stop the middle and bottom of it from sort of drifting freely, but then you press the substrate up against it on the bottom and then you're secure there too. If you stuck your hand in the tank and started poking the background in the middle of it, it would probably have some give in places where it's not setting flush against the glass. Not really a big deal for this little betta tank, though.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    Ahha, gotcha'. Easy enough. I can't wait to see this in your 300gal. It really made your Betta tank pop. I may try some at a later date.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA
    It really made your Betta tank pop.
    I certainly hope it didnt pop, for the betta's sake!!
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

0 Not allowed!
    I like it, $300 is a bit pricey for my budget right about now.

Keep an eye on it, make sure the colors don't fade or anything. That could be a nightmare waiting to happen in the big tank

Also, do they have any other colors/styles available? May want to put together a mini version of your tank

Take it out of betta tank, put it in another tank the same size. But use the substrate you plan to use, put a small piece of driftwood, and maybe a plant to see how it all works together. B/c while it may look good in the betta tank, the colors may or may not clash with your plans for the 300G

Just my $.02

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Designs by Nature seems to be up and running again. They're updating their facebook page and responding to emails. So, again, I discussed my needs with them, in particular mentioning that I wanted to use a collection of different background tiles because I don't want the same pattern repeating five times in the tank. Unfortunately, they tell me that they don't think different tiles will line up very well.

I'm declaring Universal Rocks to be the winner in the background selection competition then. Unfortunately I had some other expenses come up and at this point (unless I come across any unexpected income) it looks like I'll have to wait until March to order the background. Such is life.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, and some say money can't buy happiness! Thats a long wait!

Time to buy some scratchcards!

Meanwhile you could play around with making a DIY background using styrofoam, quickrete etc. Just to see if you can do it. After all, you got pletny of time to kill so might as well! Besides it costs next to nothing whilst you save up
    Last edited by CrazedMichael; 01-23-2013 at 05:50 AM.
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast