· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sil's 10G

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the newbies! - Slaphppy7 Here's to new fish and a safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 takes the cake! - RiversGirl for making me laugh out LOUD thanks - SeaLady Thanks for the rep! - BluewaterBoof 
    Thanks for the Rep - Strider199 Have a tetra for the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang Thanks for the tetra and TGIF to you ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on starting your cycle! - ah00471 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

Default Sil's 10G

1 Not allowed!
    I will be setting a new 10G for my Blue Betta and Green Neons. I ordered the glass versa- top, Current USA Satellite+ and Caribsea Torpedo Beach substrate from Fosters/Smith. I will be taking the AC20 from my 20G. I ordered an AC50 from Amazon to put in it's place. I already have an adjustable heater.

So my first question is: The AC20 only fits a small bag of media. I have an available small bag of seeded media in my 75G that I can place in the AC20. Since this tank will only be housing one betta and 9 green neons (to start) do you think that I will need to dose with ammonia? If so, should I dose with the full required amount (per the chart) or use less?
    75G (cycling), 75G, 20L,10G, 20G

1 Not allowed!
    So basically, should you fishless cycle or not?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep! - mommy1 Sorry for the loss of you "braveheart" it's a guppy but we don't have endlers ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas! - Anders247 
    Happy Friday, Deb! - BluewaterBoof Thanks for the nice compliment on Spardas's thread ;-) - steeler58 Good luck with the testing! - Slaphppy7 No endlers but have a guppy for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58 Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar 

1 Not allowed!
    Yay for a new journal and a very good question. I would think that you will be ok and have an immediate cycle. I can't recall how many neons there will be? Depending on how many neons that could be such a very small bioload. But to be sure, you could dose with ammonia. There is a chart I'll have to find a link to that says how much to dose for what size gallon tank and what % ammonia you want to end up with. I would think you would only want 1-2 % ammonia for a small bioload.

Hopefully others with more experience than me will chime in here.
    46 Gallon tank cycled.
    18 Cardinals 1 Pearl Gourami, male, 9 Pristella tetra, 5 Endlers + unknown number of fry, 5 otocinclus and 5 sterbai cory.

Deb' 46 Gallon Peaceable Kingdom
    Deb's 10 Gallon Endler and Shrimp Farm

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep! - mommy1 Sorry for the loss of you "braveheart" it's a guppy but we don't have endlers ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas! - Anders247 
    Happy Friday, Deb! - BluewaterBoof Thanks for the nice compliment on Spardas's thread ;-) - steeler58 Good luck with the testing! - Slaphppy7 No endlers but have a guppy for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58 Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar 

1 Not allowed!
    Here's the link to the ammonia calculator

http://www.fishforums.net/aquarium-calculator.htm
    46 Gallon tank cycled.
    18 Cardinals 1 Pearl Gourami, male, 9 Pristella tetra, 5 Endlers + unknown number of fry, 5 otocinclus and 5 sterbai cory.

Deb' 46 Gallon Peaceable Kingdom
    Deb's 10 Gallon Endler and Shrimp Farm

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the newbies! - Slaphppy7 Here's to new fish and a safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 takes the cake! - RiversGirl for making me laugh out LOUD thanks - SeaLady Thanks for the rep! - BluewaterBoof 
    Thanks for the Rep - Strider199 Have a tetra for the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang Thanks for the tetra and TGIF to you ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on starting your cycle! - ah00471 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

2 Not allowed!
    Yes that is the question, to fishless cycle or not. It will start with 9 neons. I think what Deb suggested wouldn't hurt just to be sure the tank does get cycled. I have the calculator chart but wasn't sure if I should just go ahead and start with the full 1.2ml dose or use less since I will be placing a bag of seeded media in the AC20.

3 Not allowed!
    ^^^I agree^^^ you should be good to go but you could do a small dose of ammonia and watch the parameters for a week to make sure.

I think this is the calculator link;

http://www.fishforums.net/aquarium-calculator.htm

or here a UK version:

http://linuxhost.matsp.co.uk/calcula...ia-cycling.php
    75g. heavily planted/DW. Stock: tetra, gourami, cory, oto, Dojo loaches, pleco, nerite/mystery/mts/assassin snails, and amano shrimp
    Two 5.5g. planted, each with a female Betta,
    10g. planted, with a female Betta
    20L. Chili rasboras
    20L Blue Pearl Shrimp, 2 African Viper shrimp, 2-3 Hara jerdoni, Pygmy Cory, Espei and CPD

75g:
    10-20L Shrimp tank
    Future 40B Goldfish tank
    Probiotic trial

Awards Showcase

3 Not allowed!
    A small dose is what I will do Better to be safe than sorry.

3 Not allowed!
    For a 10G, 1 ppm is plenty....then, follow the fishless cycle instructions to a "T", and you should be fine

Awards Showcase

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks! Will do Boss. You have taught me so much

2 Not allowed!
    Just sharing what I was taught, is all!