· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wookster' 20g

1. Default Wookster' 20g

3 Not allowed!
    About time I started a journal on my 20g now that it's changed to a guppy and plant grow out tank.

Using a Sunsun cannister, Aqueon heater, Current USA satellite + and eco complete with some aquarium gravel thrown on top. Minimal ferts and no CO2 at the moment. Bit of an experiment to see what happens.

Stocked with several Endlers, various guppies, 3 otocinclus, 2 mollies, one mystery snail and 4 surprise cory cats from the previous tenants. In additiin, a healthy population of MTS.

Will add some small pieces of dw in the next couple of days. Plants are wisteria, anubias, swords, hairgrass and dwarf sagitaria.

Guppies are breeding like mad, as we all know they will. If I had to guess I'd say close to 20 fry in the tank currently.

1 Not allowed!
    Nice tank!

Those baby corys make me envious, I wish my corys would have fry...endlers are cool, I need some one day

What's the plan for the endless supply of guppies?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Sorry for you UPS screw up, have a clover for some luck tomorrow ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep--glad to help! - WhistlingBadger Thanks for the heads up about TWS - steeler58 Congrats on all your new fish! - RiversGirl You are such a great person! - Boundava 
    Merry Christmas - steeler58 Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe Successful heater transitions - RiversGirl Thanks for catching my mistakes! - Rocksor 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post

Those baby corys make me envious
    Me too. Heck, I would just like to have someCorys!

4. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Nice tank!

Those baby corys make me envious, I wish my corys would have fry...endlers are cool, I need some one day

What's the plan for the endless supply of guppies?
    Thanks buddy! I may decide to thin the herd out and just stick with the endlers. I have a friend who wants guppies. I honestly didn't think it through too much but now realize I will be drowning in them within a few months.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    Me too. Heck, I would just like to have someCorys!
    There's plenty out there to choose from...

Quote Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
    I honestly didn't think it through too much but now realize I will be drowning in them within a few months.
    Yes, livebearer fry are the gift that keeps on giving

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

You need a few more tetra's ;-) - steeler58 Thank you for the rep :D - afro123 Happy Holidays! - Boundava Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas! - mommy1 A christmas gift to myself.... - Anders247 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos Have this gift, Merry Christmas! - Faded Merry Christmas! - DebinWhitmore 

0 Not allowed!
    The tank looks great!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anders247 View Post
    The tank looks great!
    Thanks Anders! Hopefully I can find just the right piece of dw to fill it out. The one I had previously was just too big and took up too much sub space for plants.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So my cannister started acting weird last night. Flow went down to almost neglible but wasn't making any odd noises or anything. I opened it up, rinsed out the sponge, removed a few layers of floss and turned it back on. Nothing. Primed it some and got a little flow but nowhere near what it should be. Was getting bubbles out of the seam where the "skimmer" arm was attached so I assume that seal was not right. Removed the elbow with the skimmer, secured the sponge to the intake better, primed it up and finally got the flow back to normal. Glad it happened when I was awake or it might have burned the motor out and had worse repercussions to the water quality.

Anybody else using sunsun filters experience this? I admit the plastic parts aren't the highest quality but never had this issue before and I have 3 of them running.

0 Not allowed!
    Remind me which canister?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Um...I believe it's the 602...not the tiny one but not the huge one I have on the 55g which is a 304. It might be the 302, 3 stage.