· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default most spectacular discus ?

0 Not allowed!
    I am looking at getting some discus to go into a 150 G tank .I am thinking of going with 6 .Deciding on which 6 strains to go with is not easy.So which discus strain do you guys beelive are the most spectacular eye catching ?

thanks for any responses

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    The blues and reds are my favourites
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Wilds always look best. Alenquer, Tefe Green, Heckles....
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    10-4 on that. Wilds are totally awesome.

0 Not allowed!
    Check out one of our members wilds. I love his tank and the simplicity of how a tank can be with wilds.

new pics of my wilds

0 Not allowed!
    Wilds are awesome but there are some fantastic color strains available. I like red blue combinations and some of the red yellow combinations.

Just be careful about whether your buying hormoned fish or not. If the fish is young the color will not last and it may damage breeding capability.
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Heckels are pretty stunning; they look like saltwater fish to me. Yellow discus remind me of yellow tangs too.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am with Scotti, I like the reds and blues allso.

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Can they be mixed, 3 different colored species? Curious and not trying to hijack
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

0 Not allowed!
    A lot of show tanks have many different colored varieties. The wild species will interbreed and hybridise to the extent that man has derived many varieties.

What you decide to keep will depend on what you find aesthetically pleasing or wish breed or even cross breed.

When putting Discus together one has to remember they are cichlids that have a pecking order in the shoal. Therefore too few fish together can result in bullying too many in too small of a tank can result in bullying the coloration as far as I can tell from everything I have read doesn't make a difference to success. With that said it is typical in nature sometimes that when there are natural albinos that the rest of the population will pick on or chase of the lone albino. Although I have not heard of that in Discus just in birds of prey.
    Mucky

Unusually I have nothing more to add...