0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I always enjoy your tank pics

This set-up still looks amazing
    Thanks Cliff. Very kind!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my "rock" star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    Thanks, yes it took me a while to find the right piece for this as I knew what I was looking for.

Oh that's moss. I fixed some moss to the footwork with cotton thread and trimmed any loose strands close. Should grow quite well. I plan on keeping it trimmed close.

I might get a few more larger pieces of dragon stone to add behind the wood.
    It looks incredible. I like the dragon rock too. Heck, the whole tank looks good!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    I don't much like hybrid fish, but normally because they have associated deformities (e.g. Parrot cichlids...which I can't stand). Hybrid shrimp are probably less sought after because their colours are less impressive. Personally I like the duller varieties. I'd like some wild types like talldutchie.
    Same hear I had parrots, and I like the duller ones, I also would rather sakura over painted taiwan fire reds.

0 Not allowed!
    Did a water test this morning to check that all the changes haven't affected my cycle (and that the substrate hasn't started leeching anything after being disturbed). Ammonia and nitrite is zero with nitrates <5 which is great.

I did a 50% water change just in case the hardness has gone up a bit from the dragon stone. Dragon stone is inert and doesn't affect water chemistry but all the holes in it were packed with solid clay mud when I bought it. It took literally hours of scrubbing and a thorough power wash to dislodge it. I scraped out all the holes with a steak knife and still kept finding more! I'd read in other forums that dragon stone can make the TDS shoot up but that's only in cases where the clay hasn't been sufficiently removed.

Whilst I was changing the water I soaked a few more almond leaves and some alder cones in boiling water (makes them sink quicker and removes some of the initial tannins). Whilst I realise this will make the water column very tea stained in the quantities I was using, I added a load as leaf litter and attempted a background to hide the heater. Here are the results:

I used a bamboo skewer to pin them in place, which I think looks less instrusive than the bright green heater.

Here's a 3/4 view:

0 Not allowed!
    More.

Leaf litter detail. I quite like the idea of having a lot of this covering the bottom instead of grasses.

0 Not allowed!
    Swimmer.

Investigating the new additions.

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my &quot;rock&quot; star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Great pics! I have to ask... what type of camera are you using? Such detail and clarity is awesome.

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers. It's a Canon 550D DSLR with the Canon 100mm macro lens.

Awards Showcase

For being my &quot;rock&quot; star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe I can put that on my Christmas list....

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great, I like the leaf litter.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast