· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz 
    In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Until I started reading your journal I never realized how interesting a shrimp tank could be. Glad everything is going better for you now, and woo hoo on the baby peppered cory!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. Yes, shrimp are fascinating. I'd say they were more difficult to look after, but that could be down to having a small tank. Small tanks are much higher maintenance than larger tanks so I've no doubt been getting things a bit wrong with this one somewhere.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm...changes don't appear to be making any difference. Two more dead shrimp this morning

I literally have no idea what to try now.

0 Not allowed!
    Trim time

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    I only have two surviving Rili shrimp left...they are quite photogenic.

Quite pleased with this shot. Depth of field is a little too narrow but I quite like the detail on the head. Those feathery things!

Awards Showcase

have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl 
    Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus 
    Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    This thread and this tank are SO AWESOME...I just discovered the thread today, and it was so neat to scroll through your progress, with all those fab pictures...thanks for sharing with us!

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers. It's had its ups and downs, still in a bit of a mystery shrimp loss phase so I've stopped all dosing of EasyCarbo and ferts for a while to see if that helps. There are a few more cory fry floating around in there at the back. I'm hoping they grow on ok like the lone juvenile. Wondering when she'll be big enough to transfer to the big tank.

Daily water changes weren't doing very much for the shrimp loss mystery (and was very laborious to do EVERY day) so I've quit that and am back to a water change every 5-7 days. Haven't lost any for 8 days now. Fingers crossed.

0 Not allowed!
    No more shrimp losses since stopping the EasyCarbo - I should have stopped that first! Very odd as they thrived for six months before I had losses. I've restarted fertiliser dosing now. Jeez, my plants have taken off. Here's some photos straight from the camera.

The grass has improved slightly but it still quite thin on the right.

Side shot.

3/4 view.

Still not sure what to do about "scaping" it, as I've just let the plants run away a bit. Any suggestions?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    Still not sure what to do about "scaping" it, as I've just let the plants run away a bit. Any suggestions?
    I think it looks great the way it is. Just let it go and see how it ends up, can always remove some plants to thin it out. Nice variety of plants, the red colouring on them helps break up the sea of green.

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers. I'm on the look out for a suitable piece of red moor root but haven't seen anything suitable yet. Until then I'm happy with the "jungle cube" I appear to have grown.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast