· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

Cool ScottishFish Newt Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Well here it is, my third journal!! I've always liked the look of newts and done quite a bit of research and general google abuse. My LFS is selling newts the now and I was hoping to get a firebellied newt, theirs however seem to be paddle tail newts, I need to do more research on them. From memory a 10G is big enough for 1 paddle tail as they can get aggressive with eachother whereas fire bellies I could keep 2-3.

So all folks reading this know what I'm on about here's a paddle tail newt

And a fire bellied newt

The LFS guy was getting his delivery of tanks in later today but couldn't wait, might pop in tomorrow and see what he has. A 10G will probably be what I get.

Now for the AC input.

I have a fully cycled fluval U2 filter, rated to approx 30G, do you think this would do the trick for keeping my water newt friendly? General newt needs are;

Clean water (online says 20% PWC a week but I will do way more)
    Slight current
    Open land
    Cool room temperatures
    Varied diet
    Nothing sharp (rounded gravel and decor)

So fingers crossed with all your help and plenty of research I may have a newt of some kind in the next week or so!!
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

0 Not allowed!
    Nice! Varied diet means what - I guess fruit, insects, etc.?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    cool. I've seen some nice newt tanks with no land, but floating plants for the newts to climb up onto. makes alot more room in a 10g when you don't need a land and a water area. just a thought....
    Thar she blows!!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How many tanks have you actually got mate? Lol

Your house must be over run with them

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime 
    Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R 
    Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 Thanks! - pRED 

0 Not allowed!
    Andrea - varied diet means bloodworms, tubifex, nightcrawlers

Crispy - yeah I'm going to scape it with loads of decor to maximise the surface area of climbing areas in the tank

Headin - got 2 fish tanks and a Vivarium

My mum and dad are abroad on holiday for 2 weeks so I need to get it set up before they come home !!

Awards Showcase

Default Newt!!

0 Not allowed!
    Got a newt!! Setting up its tank as we speak! Pictures will ensue!

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    The fire-bellied newts are adorable. I'm not familiar with the other one you posted.

I dunno about sneaking behind your parents back...wouldn't go over to well around here...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Default Here it is!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    So here is my paddle tail newt, going from lfs bag to tank, also the tank how I wanted to set it up then at the end how it is with the filter.

I had a kinda descision to make at the lfs, they were selling these guys really cheap and I had my eye on this one and I really wanted to take him home, however they only had little 4G tanks !! So for 5 I got the tank so I could come home with a newt, he is only 2inch or less so for a week or two this will be his home.

Will have a 10G for him pretty soon!!

anyway back to photos!!

him from above

I had to post two of his awesome underside!

His home before I had to re-shuffle to get the filter in

Awards Showcase

Default Continued

0 Not allowed!
    Just after introduction while I was filter faffing

him exploring

Cute little face!

and his tank with filter (best I could do)

Awards Showcase

Default Name that Newt

0 Not allowed!
    My newt needs a name! Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast