Hi - I'm interested in getting back into this hobby, and I'm starting to do research to figure out what I want to get. There's an enormous amount of knowledge and experience on here, so I figured before I set my mind on anything, I want to ask and see if I'm headed in the right direction.

I'm looking to set up a goldfish tank that will house anywhere from four to six goldfish. I prefer Orandas, Black Moors, and Lionheads/Ranchu...just to put out there the specific types I would be getting.

I was looking at a 90 gallon tank, with dimensions of 48W x 18D x 24H. Would this be enough of a tank to house 4-6 fancies like this? I would also have live plants, but no other fish. If this would not be suitable, could you point me in the right direction?

Also, as far as filtration...what should I be looking at? I was playing with the idea of getting two separate cannister-type filters, which would give me the flexibility to clean one and leave the other running, then clean the second one after the cleaned one gets itself re-established. I don't know if that's a good idea or a horrible one, so I'm just bouncing ideas around.

Let me know if any of you have any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions. I won't argue with anyone, I promise...just looking to learn a bit. Thanks!