· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    That sounds like something I would def like. Thank you for making a suggestion!
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got the same size tank but still cycling it fishless style and have done some reading on Bristle Nosed plecos and will be adding at least two of those. I think if I read it right they only grow to about 4 to 5 inches and are pretty peaceful.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The serpaes would likely be your shrimp killers. The best unobtrusive algae eaters out there are otos and bn plecs. You need more otos anyway. Im not wrong about keeping algae at bay with better water keeping. If a tank is balanced you would have to go out of your way to make algae.

0 Not allowed!
    That is what I was thinking smaug, about the serpae's. They were the only fish I observed actually nipping at the dead ones.

As for having a balanced tank as opposed to water keeping, I was assuming you were saying I kept a dirty tank, which I do not. The tank is about 2 months old, so there is a good chance there are some imbalances in there. Sorry if I was snappy there in the other post. I just work very hard on the tank, and to have someone say or think otherwise is insulting. I see what you are saying now.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No insult meant to you. I wasnt saying you werent doing it right

0 Not allowed!
    Not a problem. As you probably know we fish keepers (though I'm really new) take lots of pride in our fish and their environment.

*hugs* Haha!

But I guess that would eliminate the shrimp thing again though. I've been thinking about a small plec, but I am really hesitant about it for some reason.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    Not a problem. As you probably know we fish keepers (though I'm really new) take lots of pride in our fish and their environment.

*hugs* Haha!

But I guess that would eliminate the shrimp thing again though. I've been thinking about a small plec, but I am really hesitant about it for some reason.
    Why are you hesitant? Don't like 'em?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure I guess. Maybe I'm afraid I'll get the wrong kind, or maybe they won't like my other fish, or maybe it is just the general commonness (is that a word??? lol) of them. I don't dislike them, it isn't that. The thing I keep coming back to in my mind is the sheer number of different types there are.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Depending on how many you start with, I dont know if your serpaes would get them all... If these guys have some java moss to hide in they'll do fine.

A RN pleco would probably do nicely.

0 Not allowed!
    I love the SAEs for algae control. I've had them in my tank for over three years and they keep my tank spotless.