I thought in a 29 gallons i could do:
    11 neons tetra or het rasbora
    11 pygmy cories or julii corycatfish
    1 dwarf gourami or 1 betta
    OR
    1 school of assorted platys
    I don't know for an accent fish :-).
    Snail & shrimp

I know it is totally different but i have a hard time to decide. The second plan might be better suited for a beginner, i don't know...
    My goal is athe very peaceful community with small fish max 2" and if i can feed them all the same food is better but not essential. Still open to ideas...
    Thanks.
    Delphe.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think option one is quite nice, but I'm biased since its my tank setup kinda haha. Schools of neons, rasboras and cory cats.

I would avoid putting a betta in a community. It is very hit or miss and depends on the fish.

Platyfish do not school, they'll be swimming around the entire tank all by themselves.

If I were redoing my 29, I'd get 20 neons, 10 Het AKA Harlequin Rasboras and Red Cherry Shrimp. It'll be wonderful.

EDIT: I should have asked, have you cycled this tank? What is the filtration like? Your pH and hardness?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Number of cories also depends a bit on tank dimensions, very tall tanks with little floorspace I'd go for a lower number. And sand of course, they really like that.
    3 potted plants and 6 strings of plastic do not make a planted tank!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,
    Yes my tank has just finished cycling, my filter is an aqueonhour 50 (250 gallon), that i reinforced with 2 bags of biomax 30 behind the cartrige, do you think it will be enough? . I just did a big water change and i am waiting for the water to stabilize before final readings. My first plan is better suited for a pH 7.5 and under but the second would be good for pH 7. 5 and over right? Also i heard at the store that fishes are pretty well acclimated to ayou wide range of pHs and i shouldn't have any problems.?? Hum...what do you think?
    Backgroung and side is activ flora for plant and fore and middle ground is regular sand from petco. And my tank is the regular long rectangular one.
    Thanks
    Delphe.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphe
    Hello,
    Yes my tank has just finished cycling, my filter is an aqueonhour 50 (250 gallon), that i reinforced with 2 bags of biomax 30 behind the cartrige, do you think it will be enough? . I just did a big water change and i am waiting for the water to stabilize before final readings. My first plan is better suited for a pH 7.5 and under but the second would be good for pH 7. 5 and over right? Also i heard at the store that fishes are pretty well acclimated to ayou wide range of pHs and i shouldn't have any problems.?? Hum...what do you think?
    Backgroung and side is activ flora for plant and fore and middle ground is regular sand from petco. And my tank is the regular long rectangular one.
    Thanks
    Delphe.
    What is your pH? Fish should still be acclimated to your tank, since it won't be the same as the water they're in right now. Variances in pH, hardness and temperature can cause stress/shock.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,
    i guess you are right, i am just being impatient, sorry.
    my pH is 7. 8
    KH 8
    GH 107.4 ppm
    What do you think, is my plan feasible, if yes where should i start and with how many?
    thanks,
    delphe.

0 Not allowed!
    If you are buying your fish in the town where you live, the pH should be the same. The only thing you need to watch for then is the temp. And since it's summer time, even that should not be of much concern. I don't acclimate any fish I buy where I live and rush them home to the tank. They already acclimated at the fish store to whatever changes they needed. I do turn the tank lights off for the tank, however.

My 29 is neons, harley rasbora and cherry shrimp. Works fine. I would nix the gourami and the betta. Neons do not like having larger fish in the tank with them and will take to simply hiding all the time. You do not need assassin snails if you don't have plants and snails. They need the snails for food.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Then i think i'll start with a school of neons, pygmy or julii corycatfish and maybe a mystery snail (1 bleu &1 yellow, will they reproduce even if they are not the same color?).
    That's it. How many of each could i get?
    Was thinking 11 each?
    Thanks.
    Delphe

0 Not allowed!
    If your tank has been cycled using the fishless method (dosing ammonia), you can fully stock the tank all at once (so long as you have kept the bacteria fed until the day before you stock). If you have used any other method I would stock 5 or 6 schooling fish first (don't go for bottom feeders as they will suffer the most if toxin levels rise), and then up the numbers after that.